“Hmmm - crepe good, filing odd and cold”
Review of La Creperie

La Creperie
Ranked #87 of 101 Dessert in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Nice people. Crepe itself was high quality but ham and cheese inside was cold and the ham was in chunks rather than slices. Atmosphere very good, fantastic location.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A remarkable little cafe with excellent service and the best crepes I've eaten anywhere …. and I'm a European!

1  Thank Tecey
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My daughter and I have eaten here several times for lunch on Sundays. I try to get a different crepe each time and every one has been delicious. We also usually have a sweet crepe.These crepes taste just how my British mother made them. Ingredients incorporated into the batter instead of just stuffed. Service has never been a problem for us. They also have a facebook page and post recipes.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cute little cafe on the side streets of the Rittenhouse Area. I love crepes, and these were indeed some of the best I have had (would have given a 5 rating for the crepes alone), but frankly the operation of the cafe is so puzzling. The two young ladies running the place that sunday morning performed as if this was their first day on the job and they were just filling in for someone else last minute. They brought the coffee, but took an additional 5 minutes for the cream - actually, after 5 minutes I had to get up to go ask for cream and when they asked me to return to my table and they'll bring it to me I refused and said I'd rather wait at the counter. There were only 3 other tables with guests at that time! We sat for almost 10mins with empty coffee mugs and when they did come around to refill it, they brought a coffee pot with barely enough to fill half a cup (it was a glass pot so quite obvious there were hardly anything left in that pot!). We each ordered "a slice of fromage" at $4 a slice, and it was literally a tiny cube of cheese on a ridiculous paper doily and a large plate. It was the size of a cube of cheese you would spear with a toothpick at a cocktail party - but for $4 a piece it was laugh worthy. Actually, the entire menu seemed overpriced with crepes mostly $10 - $13 a piece, but I didn't mind for the crepes because they were actually quite good.

The strange service and pricing were a disappointment which is too bad because the crepes were amazing (I had the Oh La La with pears).

Reviewed April 1, 2013

While visiting Philadelphia with my brother we stopped here after lunch to have dessert. The atmosphere is very cafe-like, which I love, and very welcoming. We were the only diners there at 1:00 on a Monday afternoon. I ordered the Bonaparte which was delicious. My brother enjoyed his crepe as well. I will definitely return here for lunch to try some of their other offerings!