“Neighborhood hang-out”
Review of Seafood Unlimited

Seafood Unlimited
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafood Unlimited is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #368 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 20th and Spruce
Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
Description: We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.
Basel
“Neighborhood hang-out”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I first came here many years ago as a Rittenhouse Square area resident. At the time, it was a seafood store with a few tables available for eating in. Back then, only locals ate there (if memory serves, its original name was 20th Street Seafood). Eventually it became a full-fledged restaurant. I decided to check it out while on a summer of 2013 visit to Philadelphia.

It still has the feel of a modestly-priced local hangout. On the night I ate there, it was very quiet. I had a salad to start and then the crab cakes (something surprisingly hard to find in Europe). Both good if not the best I've ever had. Service was competent and relaxed.

Would I eat there again? Sure. That said, if you want a trendy, glamorous or "destination" restaurant, then you will probably be disappointed. But if you want something low-key and unpretentious, then give this place a try.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank BaselTourmaline123

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Didn't know it was restaurant week but what the hell”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our classmates made an arrangement to have dinner here and I just said I love seafood so why not. It was the first seafood restaurant in Philadelphia for me and it was restaurant week so the menu was kind of limited.

I had the salmon for mains and the white mouse (yeah it was mouse, a joke for being a small white choc mousse). I had a great time with friends. the ambience was beautiful and portions were more than enough. i also loved that the price wasn't too steep for the quality of food.

if I'm bored with my home cooked food, i might come again.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia
“Restaurant week”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food and service was excellent. Ordered the panko crusted sea bass. It was so go and cooked perfect. The appetizer seafood empanadas were awesome. They need to add them to their everyday menu.

• Visited September 2013
Tiberias, Israel
“mussels unlimited”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Mondays are mussels unlimited...as many as you can eat for about $12. They come opened and with the sauce of your choosing, which is delicious. There were 6 of us eating, and the shells piled up quickly, were swooped away by the waiter who brought on more plates. We laughed, shared mussels to try the various sauces, scooped up the tasty sauce with good bread and accompanied it with good draft beer. There is a variety of other seafood as well for non-mussel eaters. We went back a few days later for soft shell crabs that were wonderful!
Judith Schwartz

• Visited July 2013
Bala Cynwyd, PA
“The best Lobster”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Compliments to the chef!!!! Had the "special twin lobsters" (about 2-1/2 lbs +) and they were outstanding for $25. including two veggie sides, etc. BYOB or really bargain priced drinks ($5./martini etc) Maybe a current special!!!

One small problem --- go on an off night like Sunday as we do now, since it is a hard surface restaurant and can become noisy when full!!!

• Visited August 2013