“Philadelphia Photography Tour with Armond Scavo”

Photography Tours Of Philadelphia
Ranked #38 of 76 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whatever your interest, you will find it with Photography Tours of Philadelphia. You will learn how to take better photographs, with a strong concentration on composition, lighting, and camera operations. Through these tours you will participate in a memorable, authentic city adventure and an opportunity to experience and photograph the City of Brotherly Love from an insider’s point of view.
Reviewed July 31, 2015

Took both the Historic Philly and Rittenhouse Square tours on separate days. Both tours were fantastic. Armond showed up without a camera. This told me right off that these tours were going to be about me getting his undivided attention, good instruction and lots of opportunities for great shots. With his thorough knowledge of the city, he has a well planned route that provides loads of interesting subjects. He gave lots of good pointers on composition and how to take different views of subjects. Helped me become more aware of shapes and lines and how to use them. These tours gave me a good feel for the Historic area so I was able to return on my own and continue to shoot. Armond has a warm personality that sets a great tone, is an excellent photographer so he's able to critique on the fly, and worked very hard to ensure I was getting the maximum enjoyment and learning from his tour. When we return for another conference in Philly, I'll be seeing Armond again.

3  Thank Gary G

Reviewed July 2, 2015

Took the tour of Historic Philly. The day started with a conversation in which Armond was able to gauge my experience, knowledge, and photography interests. He then tailored the tour based on those.

Throughout the day, we focused (no pun intended) less on taking pictures of landmarks and more on how to compose interesting pictures. We talked about problems I've had with my photography in the past and he showed me ways to overcome them. I came away not only with a handful of really cool shots but also with an increased knowledge of photography that will help me continue to take better pictures.
I highly recommend Armond to anyone interested in taking more than common snapshots and plan to do it again myself.

1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed April 29, 2015

My son and daughter-in-law purchased a session with Armond as a Christmas gift last year. Our class was at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Armond quickly assessed my camera skills and taught me more advanced ways to take my photos and improve my composition. He was very patient and encouraging and we had many interesting conversations that have given me ideas for my next photography adventure. I went home that day with many good and some better-than-good photos. I look forward to any future classes that Armond may be offering.

Reviewed February 16, 2015 via mobile

My wife booked a tour with Armond for Valentine's Day which was a great present. Armond met us by boat house row and discussed what we wanted to cover and what my knowledge level was like.
He politely introduced me to some features on my camera that I had been ignoring and we talked about composition and perspective.
I got some great pictures of Philadelphia but we also had a really nice time discussing photography and the city.
Well worth the time if you are interested in getting more out of your camera, taking some memorable pictures and spending a few productive hours in the city.

1  Thank NoMoreStatus
See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Simply a great opportunity to get a Hands on photography lesson from a Philly local and expert artist. Armond is a great teacher and my husband and I left with lasting memories and great pics. A fabulous way to be a tourist in your own city or to explore philly if your visiting while learning more about photography. No camera? No problem! I just used my Samsung camera and it was great to learn how to capture better composition. Try it out. Great time!