Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing class!

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this course! I will definitely recommend and take again. Armond is a great... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Kiana N
Great class! So informative and helpful!

Armond is a wonderful instructor who not only takes you to places off the beaten path. But he... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
iphotographdog
New York City, New York
via mobile

All reviews photo tour great class shutter speed photography skills great teacher saturation beginners camera scenes lesson advanced knowledge photographs
Reviewed July 2, 2015

Took the tour of Historic Philly. The day started with a conversation in which Armond was able to gauge my experience, knowledge, and photography interests. He then tailored the tour based on those.

Throughout the day, we focused (no pun intended) less on taking pictures of landmarks and more on how to compose interesting pictures. We talked about problems I've had with my photography in the past and he showed me ways to overcome them. I came away not only with a handful of really cool shots but also with an increased knowledge of photography that will help me continue to take better pictures.
I highly recommend Armond to anyone interested in taking more than common snapshots and plan to do it again myself.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed April 29, 2015

My son and daughter-in-law purchased a session with Armond as a Christmas gift last year. Our class was at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Armond quickly assessed my camera skills and taught me more advanced ways to take my photos and improve my composition. He was very patient and encouraging and we had many interesting conversations that have given me ideas for my next photography adventure. I went home that day with many good and some better-than-good photos. I look forward to any future classes that Armond may be offering.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed February 16, 2015 via mobile

My wife booked a tour with Armond for Valentine's Day which was a great present. Armond met us by boat house row and discussed what we wanted to cover and what my knowledge level was like.
He politely introduced me to some features on my camera that I had been ignoring and we talked about composition and perspective.
I got some great pictures of Philadelphia but we also had a really nice time discussing photography and the city.
Well worth the time if you are interested in getting more out of your camera, taking some memorable pictures and spending a few productive hours in the city.

1  Thank NoMoreStatus
Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Simply a great opportunity to get a Hands on photography lesson from a Philly local and expert artist. Armond is a great teacher and my husband and I left with lasting memories and great pics. A fabulous way to be a tourist in your own city or to explore philly if your visiting while learning more about photography. No camera? No problem! I just used my Samsung camera and it was great to learn how to capture better composition. Try it out. Great time!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

As an anniversary gift, my wife purchased me a three-hour photo class at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. I'm an amateur photographer, so her goal (in addition to spending time together doing something fun) was to provide me with time with an expert, during which I could gain practical advice about how to use my camera better. We couldn't have been happier with the results. Armond encouraged us to shoot strictly in manual mode for the duration of the class. He took time to answer countless questions and explain every setting. He provided useful tips and techniques for composing shots better, dealing with different lighting scenarios, and more. Eastern State provided a unique and interesting setting for the class, and we both left with lots of great photos. We hope to have the opportunity to take another class with Armond in the future, and won't hesitate to recommend his services to others.

Date of experience: October 2013