“What a Sandwich”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Seymour, Tennessee
“What a Sandwich”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you are hungry and looking for really great corned beef or pastrami, stop at Herschel's in Reading Terminal Market. My companion ordered the Rueben (corned beef) and I had the pastrami. The first thing I noticed was the guy on the other side slicing the meat to order, not precut in a pile on the side. The sandwiches arrived quickly and the size of the pile of meat was a sight to behold, stacked THICK ! The smell of the meats, pickles and soups is a wonderful assault of the senses. My mouth was watering before I had a bite. Then pick it up, you need both hands and wow, bamm, the flavors are like a party in your mouth. My companion was equally impressed with her corned beef Rueben. Take the time and do Herschel's for lunch.
You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

1 Thank Gene H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Longwood, Florida, United States
“How did we luck out?!?”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We got to stay at the Courtyard Marriott near this market, and we went there every day! There is a great mix of vendors and eating locations. I really loved that some of the foods I got to sample in Lancaster County, PA, were present there with Amish vendors. Ate lunch at one of the counters one day, and it was excellent. Don't miss the olive oil in the back.. Tubby Olive?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lisa F
NC
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

So much fun- a foodie paradise! A booth that specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches - now that's cool! Donuts and ice cream! A Philly must visit.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pearls Seafood”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I had a late lumch on a day when the Reading Terminal Market was very very crowded due to the Philadelphia Flower Show in the across the street Philadelphia Convention Center. We found two seats at the sit down counter service area. There are a number of tables to the one side of the restaurant in addition to the numerous counter seats. The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I did not catch his name but I believe it started with a "C". My wife had three fried oysters with the sides of cole slaw and french fries. In addition, a roll and butter came with the platter. My wife, who loves oysters announced that they were some of the freshest she has ever had. I concurred when she shared a bite (small) with me. I had the fried shrimp platter which came with the same sides as the oyster platter, The shrimp were perfectly fried, not overcooked. The cole slaw is fresh and crispy and the french fries were also perfectly done.We would recommend this sit down spot to any one looking for a fresh seafood dinner in center city Philadelphia. There is the hustle and bustle of the Reading Terminal Market around you so its not a place for a romantic dinner,just perfect seafood.

West Keansburg, NJ
“I think I'm driving back to Philadelphia tomorrow”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After spending the day at the flower show we hopped over to the Reading Terminal Market looking for something good to eat. We stumbled upon Kevin Parkers and boy were we lucky !
Everything we had (Fried Chicken, Smothered Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Mac and Cheese) was so very delicious. We split the very generous sized portions of the sides (but I didn't really want to share my mac and cheese).
We do not usually go to Philly except for the flower show, but I certainly will be planning a trip in again soon. Maybe tomorrow.