“Must Go”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great indoor market. It has many freshly prepared food stalls with a variety of foods offered from Asian, to bakeries, crepes, ice cream, fresh veggies, fresh seafood. We were in the city for a limited amount of time, so the only time we were able to visit was right at opening. We got coffee, a breakfast sandwich, and crepes. We were all really happy with our breakfasts. We also purchased a few bakery items to bring home. There were people already sitting and eating the famous pork sandwiches at Dinic's. Because of the delicious aroma, I was tempted to do the same but it was just too early in the day for me. They must be outstanding to be serving pork sammies that early in the day. It's a neat place, you should go.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,633)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I kind of grew up here. My mother ran a store in Reading Terminal for many years and I worked there. It continues to be the place for food and atmosphere / people watching. Eat there or buy anything you would need to cook at home.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Pennsylvania Dutch cheese (super dill) and soul food was fantastic! Who would have thought?! It closes early, though (by 6 or 7pm) so get your groceries/meals early.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

wished it stayed open late. Vendors begin closing at 3:30 and all are closed by 6pm. this place would be great for the late night snack. the cheese at Melt Kraft was amazing and the deserts at the flying monkey are DELISH!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I lived in Philadephia for the first six years of our marriage so on a recent visit, I knew I HAD to make time for the Reading Terminal Market! A fresh pretzel from Miller's Twist and a fabulous cannoli from Termini Bros. and I had knocked 2 of the 4 must-have foods for my trip back to the city (the others being a great cheese steak and water ice). Besides the wonderful ready-to-each food, the market is chock full of fresh meats, seafood, produce and fabulous packaged specialty foods and craft items. Be sure to make time to visit the Reading Terminal Market - you won't regret it!