“Try "The Rub"”

Shifty's Taco
Seattle, Washington
“Try "The Rub"”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I had the combo "Mixto" and thought the Rub was the best.... That said they were all good.

When they found out I hadn't been in before they were more than happy to tell me about the meanie and offer suggestions.

I enjoined my experience and will definitely return when I am in town!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible overpriced tacos and sketchy service”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

When I walked into Shifty's Taco, I was psyched. The place looks great, and the tacos listed on the board sounded promising. But my optimism was dashed quickly by the strange attitude of the cashier, who was incredibly self involved and being quite rude to the cook and didn't even look me and my friend in the eyes as we ordered. I got fish tacos, and the tortillas were stale, the portion inside the tortillas was miniscule, and it had no flavor - no sabor! This place sucks. And it makes me sad. I just moved to Brewerytown from South Philadelphia, where I was spoiled with authentic Mexican street tacos on just about every corner in the Italian Market. I'm going to try this place again and will update my review if I find I just hit them on a bad day, but as of now, I'd say, don't try this North Philadelphia eating spot if you want tacos - head south!

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“1st VISIT AMAZING, 2nd VISIT EHHHHH”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Our 1st visit to Shiftys was amazing! Great food & awesome service! The owner was working with her husband & her children in the restaurant, they were very welcoming and attentive. A DEFINITE FAVORITE PLACE!!!! We came back a few weeks later on a Sunday afternoon & the door was locked with a customer inside. Finally the door was opened by the customer and we walked in. We were never greeted by the employees just stared at. The vibe was very weird and we shouldve left but we didnt. The food was less than ok, so probably not coming back.