“Loved the Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
california
“Loved the Homewood Suites”
Reviewed August 7, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Homewood Suites while vsiting family in Philadelphia. We had a wonderful experience. The staff were friendly, professional, and very helpful. They were very accomodating when we had a small problem with our room. The breakfast and dinner were very good, the room was clean, and comfortable ,and very quiet. You did not hear water running or toilets being flushed from other rooms like you often hear in other hotels. The housecleaning cleaned the room, gave new towels and changed the sheets every day. T he hotel is in a good location, easy access to the city and suburbs. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay there again.

• Liked — comfortable clean room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank maggieCalifornia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed her after being stranded in Philly due to a flight delay. We arrived in Philly at 12 am to be advised by the airline that no local rooms were available. We called around and finally found a room at this location. We arrived about 130 am (this is really not close to the airport by any stretch, but I was not sleeping at the airport after a 9 hour flight). We had experienced an awful day, and upon walking in we were greeted warmly, enthusiastically, and oh so invitingly by Jackie. We had to have come in looking like we wanted to kill someone, but she was still great!!! She was absolutley the best part of that entire day. The room was very nice, and the breakfast the next morning was the best breakfast for this type of hotel that I have ever had. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, if I was in the area for business, or if it is close to anything. We were only there for about six hours before we headed back to the airport, but I really liked it.

• Liked — Staff- Jackie in particular!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SafireDrms
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I just returned from this Homewood Suites, which is just on the border of Philly/Bala Cynwood. There is a Pathmark and an Acme within walking distance, and it is connected to a Hilton, which is where the gym, pool (cold!!) and bar are located. The free breakfast was great, the place was very clean. It was not cheap though. I would stay again. You need a car to get to Philly, although there might be a bus--I saw several running by. Also, they charge for parking in the lot, but if the school next door isn't in session, you can probably park on the street.

• Liked — Nice gym and room
  • Disliked — Cold Pool
  • Tips/Secrets — It's not in Central Philly, but 10 minutes by car
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Tomby
florida
Reviewed November 19, 2006

We have stayed at Homewood suites before so we were very familiar with the operation. This one was fanatastic!. My husband and I stayed for a week and by the end of the week we felt like the staff became our new friends. Everyone from the front desk to the kitchen staff were more than informative about the area. The service we received was more than we imagined. At first blush, it seemed a little too far for convenience from the city but after our first night it could not be any better. We have learned from past "city" visits that a car is more of a pain in the backside than worth it. The bus system was as convenient as a taxi. They were clean etc. So the whole time we were there, walking to the curb to get a bus was worth it. By the time you waited for a taxi, you were on a bus. And of course the meals that the hotel served are perfect. After walking around all day, coming to the suite to grab a bite was perfect and more perfect was taking a glass of wine up stairs. The only problem is getting to the airport, you have to take a taxi and that was only pricey thing. But all in all, I would stay there again.

Stayed October 2006
5 Thank beachdaisy
Palos Verdes, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2006

This was the second time we had stayed at the Homewood Suites in Philadelphia, about a year since the first time. We were extremely pleased to see the same friendly and helpful staff, the wonderfully proportioned rooms and the cleanliness. We had a corner room with windows on two sides, one of which afforded a marvelous skyline view of the city. The kitchenette was complete and situated with a small dining table and couch. The bed was extremely comfortable...same as the year before, and features a soft cozy blanket quite unlike we have found anywhere else. The dining area is opposite the lobby and has a separate breakfast serving room which offers as varied a breakfast as you will find for free, including waffles, an array of fruit, lox, several cereals, an assortment of teas, bread, muffins and bagels. Because the dining area gets so much use, it is the one part of the hotel that is beginning to show some wear. Parking is either on-street or in a pay lot across the street and down about 50 yards. There is a nominal daily fee with in/out privileges, but you must have the front desk validate your new ticket each time. From the hotel, you have quick access to I-76 in either direction, or a short drive to access the MainLine towns and schools, or a quick 5 minutes to the shops, galleries and restaurants of Manayunk. Jakes, Burbon Blue and Manayunk Brewery were our favorites.

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank mgtinca
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2006

This hotel smokes the regular Hilton hotels as far as customer service OFF THE MAP! This hotel was pricey but the kitchen will save you not only time but the hassle of driving around Philly! The front desk staff are amazing and very helpful. There Vallet parking dudes are some CROOKS though. Do not pay for parking if you are staying at the hotel because they will try to charge you every time you leave the lot. Even if you tell them you are staying at Homewood. They will act like they don't understand and tell you to pay. I just went to the front desk and they took care of me. The rooms are amazing though, and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Where I had my biggest problem was at the free breakfast. I think it was just bad timing but when we down for breakfast, there was a group of 50 students and more then likely they were being rude to the breakfast server. I asked if there were more eggs and I got the answer of "I GUESS" so I was like fine go guess then. He then came back with another tray and I asked why the attitude. He blamed me for attacking his different language or something. There is no language barrier when you tell someone I GUESS! You completely understand what they are saying with a comment like that. I understand people have bad days, but I paid a lot of money in that hotel and will not be treated like some teenager who was probably giving him a hard time earlier that morning. So if you avoid breakfast and don't get thrown in jail cause the parking dude pissed you off, then this HOTEL is top dog in my book.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo
Reviewed April 8, 2006

We were visiting with our son on a college trip and this hotel was perfect. It is only one year old and the rooms were spacious and clean. It is attached by a walkway to the Hilton so we could enjoy the Starbucks coffee stand in their gift shop. The best part was the staff was all exceptionally friendly and welcoming. During the week the price included breakfast and to our surprise dinner as well. The food was exceptional - breakfast had eggs, bacon and waffles plus a fruit bar. Dinners had a good salad bar and delicious hot entree plus beer and wine! In fact the food was so good we asked and were told they take advantage of the fact they share the kitchen with the Hilton and try to go above and beyond the typical fare. The location is right on City Line in a nice area so it was easy to drive without dealing with the traffic in the heart of the city. We would definitely return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2006