“Comfy home feeling...”

Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hope, Rhode Island
“Comfy home feeling...”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Parking across the street and only $5.00 a day. Large breakfast and dinner area with plenty of food options, hot breakfast including waffles. Dinner choices during the week were big hearty meals. Complimentary beer and wine every night as well. Staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. Room had kitchente and full refridgerator and the cleanliness was superb.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Massapequa Park, NY
Reviewed May 9, 2014

From start to finish, this property is always top-notch. I stay here every four weeks, and the level of service is consistently excellent. From Rob McDevitt, to Holly, to Jasmine, to Toni, and to Agnes I am never disappointed. (Sorry if I missed anyone.) This feels like a "home away from home", and I know I will be greated warmly and with utmost respect with each stay. The complimentary breakfasts, and weeknight dinners are a huge savings for the traveler. As a single traveler, I always feel safe in this hotel, which is very important to me. Another great perk is the free wireless, which works very well. If you are planning to be in the Philadelphia area - for business, or for pleasure, this Homewood Suites location would be at the top of my list. You will get a great value for your money and always feel most welcomed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Boston, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I am a weekly visitor at the Homewood Suites, City Avenue. As such, I check out each Friday and check back in on Monday. The desk staff (Toni, Jasmine, and Jacqui) work seamlessly with management (Rob and Holly) to provide great service. Plus they work with each guest to understands their needs (and their likes and dislikes). For instance, I was planning to go out for dinner after work, because the complimentary dinner tonight is Philly cheesesteaks. However the cooks at the Hilton mix in peppers, which I don'the like. I arrived to find Jasmine preparing to pull a plate of steak to the side, before the peppers get mixed in. Simply because I mentioned to Agnes (oversees the food services area). Agnes told Rob, who told Jasmine, and I had a wonderful dinner! My own mother wouldn'the have done that!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Eileen C
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Robert McDevitt was incredibly thoughtful and helpful during our stay. He assisted with ideas and directions and kept the business center humming. It's clear he inspires his staff to do the same. This will be our "home away from home" when we visit our son who recently relocated to the area.

Westland, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I love this hotel. They were extremely considerate at the Front Desk. Holly was great as well as the woman who checked us out. We had 3 rooms. All in a row. We were there for a funeral and they made the stay excellent and peaceful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

brooklyn, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

It was a right choice to stay in this hotel while visiting Philadelphia. Very convenient location. Clean hotel. Great breakfast and dinners with vine. Very relaxing. Staff is very nice. We really felt like part of the family!!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I REALLY want to love this hotel. This is my second stay and I have another one planned in 3 weeks. The location is perfect for my needs and the 2 hours of free wine makes this hotel more desirable that the adjoining Hilton Hotel. But, I must mention the following:

Parking: It is quite the hike to the public parking lot - Especially in the winter when your plodding through snow. I did learn that if you drop your car off at the Hilton, they will valet it you (with the accompanying charge of course).

Meals: Just yuck. Don't choose this hotel if the free meals is your deciding factor. Breakfast is okay (scrambled eggs in a trough, cereal, fruit, the same every morning) but dinner is quite bad. It reminds me of school cafeteria food. Or maybe prison food. On two occasions this week, there was no clean silverware at 5:30pm and people were eating their dinner with plastic forks and knives.

TV: I didn't have a problem with my first stay. But I apparently have an 'analog' TV this time and could not access channel '51' etc without keying into the remote '151'etc - as if I'm supposed to intuitively know this . The very friendly desk clerk sent up the very friendly maintenance man to "assist me" with my issue. Now,even though I can access all the channels, they are very snowy. I'm going to try to request a non-analog TV on my upcoming reservation to see if I can avoid this.

Smoking: Even though I'm in a non-smoking room, I can smell cigarette smell throughout the night. I'm not sure how the smoking vs non-smoking rooms are configured, but I did find that if I put one of the bathroom towels at the door threshold, it blocks the smoke.

Wine: The free wine is Sycamore Farms. This is not a complaint - just sharing some information.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are tastefully decorate. The shower water pressure is good. The reasons for the 3 stars.

Room Tip: The second floor connects to the HIlton (restaurant and bar). Try to get an 'updated' TV.