“Super hotel with bad parking”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lovely hotel, great food, and friendly staff. The lady that works the food service was outstanding at her job. Loading and unloading of baggage as well as parking was inefficent and below the standards of what a hotel in this price range should be.

2  Thank Regina D
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We used to stay downtown and paid high prices. This is now our second stay at Homewood Suites and appreciate the size of the suites, the helpfulness of the staff and the value including the ability to stock a refrigerator and cook. We will be back.

1  Thank William J G
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our family was in Philadelphia for a funeral this month and stayed one night at the Homewood Suites near City Avenue and I76. We have stayed at this propoerty before ( a few years ago ).The reservation was made just a few days before arrival and I reserved a king suite w/ a request for an upgrade to the one-bedroom at check-in.

The one-bedroom was great; a perfect amount of space for the kids. Our only complaint about the room was that it was next to the housekeeping room and we heard some loud laundry cycles right around bedtime through the walls.

Breakfast is included at Homewood which worked out great for traveling with kids and having an early morning start to the day. It was not the best in the world, the meats were not tastey, but the cereals and breads and drinks were adequate.

Lastly, my youngest daughter left her tennis shoes behind which we did not discover until late in the evening of the day we checked out. We called the hotel and while they werent able to locate them, they asked that we call back the next morning when a manager would be able to check into a secutiry room. Fortunately, we were in town a second night, but at a friend's house. It turned out housekeeping had stored the shoes in a secure room after cleaning our room and we were able to pick them up from the front desk later that morning.

I would recommend Homewood for family stays.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

we stayed at this Homewood Suites on a spontaneous getaway to the Philly area. Location was very good ... close enough to the city but not in the heart of it. It's close to Fairmont Park. close to I-76, which was good for heading to various other locations.

The suite room was smaller than other Homewoods ... this one is basically a large hotel room with a small kitchenette, where other Homewood locations usually have a livingroom/kitchen area and a separate bedroom. But was clean, equally equipped and comfortable.

Breakfast was dissapointing (which is why I rated this 4 instead of 5) ... scrambled eggs were inconsistent, and I wish they had a different protein, like bacon ... not sausage. No hard boiled eggs. No chocolate milk available. And more seating area is needed ... the place was a mad-house.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First off, lets just say the staff was more than polite. Went out of there way to make sure that guests are taken care of. Our room was the best one in the building (corner room), excellent view. The bed was awesomely comfortable.
FREE BREAKFAST, HOT and COLD, plus an array of choices. If you don't mind being 15-20min outside of the downtown PHILA area, then this place is perfect!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my first "long term" stay at a hotel (1 week), the kind of thing I figured Homewood was meant for. When I arrived to check-in, there was no one at the desk. Instead, I was greeted by an irate guest cursing out someone on the phone for mispricing his delivery food order. Not a good start. Parking: You pay $5 a day for the privilege of parking in a lot 5 minutes away down a poorly lit street. You take a ticket, get it validated by the front desk and then present it when you leave the lot. When I'm traveling on business, I don't need another thing to worry about. Pacakge: I had a package delivered ahead of time. Usually, I am given the package when I check in. Since this didn't happen, I went on the second day to pick it up. The person at the desk looked at me like I was crazy before calling security to check. It then took at least another 20 minutes for the package to arrive. Finally, I found the Internet unreliable. Every so many hours you needed to restart the internet or else it would stop working without warning, even when connected to Ethernet. Poor cell service too. Bearable for traveling on business, but I would never stay here on personal travel. Despite it's address being listed as Philadelphia, there's not much around.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David J
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Staff was very helpful and made us feel welcome. The managers reception and breakfast (both complimentary) adds to the value of the room rate. The evening reception provides a full meal not just snacks and was very tasty.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member