Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
$249
$239
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswelcome homefront deskself parkingstreet parkingfull kitchencomplimentary breakfastacross the streetdesk staffindoor poolper dayking bednice staybusiness tripfitness centeryogurttonireservoir
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Meals are better then most hotel fair. I have stayed at this hotel many times and would recommend it to everyone. The only drawback is having to walk a block from the parking area after a long day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first experience with the Homewood Suites product. Upon entering the lobby on arrival I was immediately greeted by the front desk. The purpose of my stay was for business with Penn Medical Systems. Of the 8 days I was a resident with your property I was only able to accomplish 2 days of work. That being said my days started out with uncertainly and usually ended with frustration. However, every return I made to the property not only was I greeted by the front desk, but greeted by NAME and "Welcomed Home". In the morning I was also wished a good day, by name. For this traveler, that little touch of hospitality and friendliness was well received and appreciated. My only complaint was the valet parking. However, it was only a minor distraction because, in the end, I got my car and was dropped off at the HH Suite upon returning. Mr. McDevitt and his staff did a tremendous job at providing a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere for my trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great Location for Business and extermely friendly Staff. I'm now writing additional bunk as Trip advisor requires a monmum of 200 characters... I beleive Trip advisor should be down graded for this requirement!! They Trip advisor suck and the Hotel is the Best!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

my family and I stayed at the hotel over the labor day weekend and even with the hotel being sold out the desk staff was amazing. The desk went out of their way to make sure that every need of their guest were being ment from giving tourist info to arranging multiply taxis in what most would of been overwhelmed they didnt miss a beat. In was a pleasure to not only see an awesome staff but the managers were right there at the desk helping with whatever needed to be done. This is an A++ staff from the General Manager all the way Down. I cant wait to bring my family to this homewood again your are definetly our new home in philly!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lydia c
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We checked into this hotel looking forward to a pleasant stay for a simple one night putting. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted with rudeness by the two front desk representatives. Before we even gave our names, they were bad mouthing room service, housekeeping and even other guests waiting to check in and for taxis. Upon check in, we were told that no crib was available for our infant even though I had called one hour prior confirming a crib with our reservation and told there are plenty of cribs available. Not only were any alternatives offered or any brainstorming, the front desk manager called me a liar. After approximately 20 minutes of waiting for the front desk manager to assist other guests , I was told there were still no cribs and I should just goto my room. I decided to call the Hilton Honors line to figure out what to do. 90 minutes later, the HHonors representative (who was very cordial and willing to help) was able to move us to another hotel but it ruined our day. Even upon the HHonors rep calling the front desk to confirming the chargeback to my card, the front desk rep made an off collar comment about how I am going to stay at another hotel. Our infant was screaming the whole time, we had to travel another 20 minutes in traffic and we were unable to use the pool, due to a 2 hour delay in our travel plans, which was one of the main purposes of our choosing to stay at a hotel. This ruined our trip to Philly and I do not recommend the hotel based on my treatment as a Hilton Gold member.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SivadNe
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we again apologize for the inexcusable level of service. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.