Hotel is not fancy, nothing to brag about, but it served our needs. We planned a weekend trip to Philadelphia to do the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc...Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was actually decent (real hot food). My wife and I talked about if paying $20 to $40 more to stay in one of the downtown hotel would have been better...here are few positives and negatives about this hotel and it's location.
- in a quite/safe neighborhood
- its a suite, so have kitchen, sofa, little more room than your traditional hotel
- Good value for your money
- parking is only $5 per day
- Proximity to downtown...traffic on highway 76 that you have to take to/from downtown seems always bad except for Sunday morning.
- Pool was okay. But they do need to do something about the pool deck...way too slipery.
- you have a beautiful view of the city if you can overlook that water treatment center directly in front of the hotel
- some wallpaper was peeling off and furniture torn, but was not overally noticiable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Philadelphia - City Ave Hotel Philadelphia
- Homewood Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Homewood Suites