“Great experience and I would stay again. Great service and very friendly staff. Thank you!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I loved this hotel. the staff was great and the breakfast was ok. (I would have liked more of a selection but it is included in rate so still good) Everyone was so friendly. Room clean and spacious. Great value and good for family. I would stay again! My daughter loved the pool. We were there for a cheer competition and the staff even congratulated my daughter on her big win. The kitchen was a big plus as we have 3 children and could store some of their items and even cook if I wanted....but hey who wants to cook??? Lol.....
We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our room overlooked the reservoir and the city. We watched the Canada Geese in the reservoir. Although we were just 15 minutes outside the city, we felt relaxed and comfortable.
They had hard wired complimentary wifi in the room. Hard wired wifi wasn't convenient for an iPad, but they had wireless wifi in the lobby.
The staff made you feel like family. Very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanMisz

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The rooms were clean, neat and nicely appointed. The staff seemed to genuinely enjoy serving. Even the waitstaff at the breakfast buffet smiled and gave a cheery "Good Morning!". Speaking of the breakfast buffet, it was ample and had a wide selection: scrambled eggs, sausages, tater tots, scones, bagels, cereal, Belgian waffles, coffee and juice (and a special tip o' the hat to the delicious apple-cinnamon scones!). The only negatives: the view directly in front is of a water treatment plant (though beyond that is a beautiful view of downtown Philly). As others have noted, there's only wired Internet in the rooms.

Overall, an excellent value for a delightful travel experience. It's been years since I've been to a Homewood Suites. This experience will make me look for them first in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite and we had a good stay. Rooms were large and clean. Breakfast was good, but I found the food a bit colder than I liked. We were there on the weekend, so we did not get the dinner they offer Monday through Thursday.

Beds were comfortable and my wife now wants to get the bedding that they have on the beds. (You can order that online.)

Only complaint about the room is that despite how large the suite was, the bathrooms were cramped -- especially the one in the second bedroom. You could not use the sink with the door open as the open door blocked the sink.

Parking was a little strange as you had to park in a lot down the street. It's $5 per day and you can go in and out as much as you like. Just get your ticket validated at the front desk. So drop off your bags at the front door before you go park.

The pool was actually part of the adjacent Hilton hotel. There was no hot tub.

The price was reasonable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. Close enough to everything and easier to get to and access than hotels in Center City. All of the staff was wonderful and very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing is they don't have wifi in the rooms but are working on it.

2  Thank JLK1965

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Let me start this off by staying it takes a lot to compel me to go out of my way to write a good review. However, my stay here is worth the extra time to compliment the property, management, and most importantly the staff.

I travel a lot as a government employee and for personal pleasure. I stay at dozens of hotels every year and most of my stays are about average. The Homewood Suites on City Avenue is above average with its amenities and appointments, to include the rooms, but that is not enough to get a rave review. It is the staff the staff that was amazing... whether it was a thoughtful and extremely well cooked dinner, or being greeted by the sweetest woman (Toni!) at the front counter, the staff made me feel like I was a rich man staying at the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan. Seriously, every person went out of their way to remember the names of myself, my wife, my colleagues, and their families... It was the personalized touch of a bed and breakfast in a franchise hotel. I made it a point to speak with the manager and tell him how awesome his staff was, he then made sure to find me during dinner and thank me for the kind words. All that he asked in return was a nice review on trip advisor... so here it is! If you are staying in Philly, this place is close to the downtown area, affordable, near shopping, and will give you the best service ever... it wasn't just one person it was the whole staff!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and kind words. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our recent stay was completely positive right from the start, walking into the lobby and receiving a friendly welcome from Toni at the front desk. It is amazing how Toni greets everyone by name and the warm interaction she has with guests. Our room was well appointed, spacious and clean, with both a comfortable bed & a comfortable pull out sofa. We took advantage of the work out facilities, which was a plus after a long drive. The complimentary manager’s reception in the evening as well as the complimentary breakfast the next day was a real bonus- the food was very good and it certainly adds a great value to your stay. Parking was convenient and cheap at only $5.00 a day, with in & out privileges.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and certainly plan to return should our travels take us back to Philly.