“Excellent Hotel All Around”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Hotel All Around”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I understand some people are frustrated with having no wifi internet service in the rooms. This is something pretty standard in 2013. But for my laptop, the hard-line internet worked great. There are several factors that really blew us away at this hotel: 1. Service is amazing. Everyone always making nice comments and asking if they can help you out in any way. This was rare service. 2. The rooms are extremely large, clean and well maintained. 3. VALUE - with our AAA discount we only paid 160/ night for a two room suit. This was great to have our child in the other room (with pack and play) and us in the bedroom. 4. Breakfast is fantastic. We've stayed at homewood suites before, and this was the best breakfast for quality and selection we've every had. 5. Amenities, by virtue of being connected to the Hilton next door. You can access the Hilton's pool, fitness center, lounge/bar and steakhouse.
I would recommend this hotel for both family or business trips. The parking is not problem. Free on the street, Valet ($10) or self-parking ($5) are all good options.

Room Tip: The Suites with two separate rooms - living and bedroom - were fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Broadspectrum
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will pass on your comments to the staff. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Poor parking and no wifi in the rooms. I carry a tablet for email and Web access instead of a laptop on short business trips. No Wifi in the room put me out of business after my late arrival. Unless you find a parking spot on the street in front of the hotel - the parking garage is far away.
This is my first negative experience at a Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beach_Life_PVB
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I apologize that you had some issues while staying at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were inconvenienced by not having WiFi available in your room and that you found our parking to be inaccessible. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I regret that we were not able to deliver this to you.

Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Fleming, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. We like a suite with two rooms since we have different sleeping hours, and these are available at reasonable cost. Breakfast was fine, although not exceptional. The swimming pool was heated to 100 degrees almost like a hot tub, which made it very enjoyable in the winter. The construction seems especially solid, giving good sound insulation. The only real deficiency is the lack of WIFI in the rooms, although there is free wired internet. The manager said they are making plans to add WIFI. You can do WIFI in the lobby and breakfast room..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying here at Homewood Suites for my sisters birthday. We chose this location because it was close a to the airport. This is one of the best decisions I've made while choosing a hotel to stay at. The decor is very nice and up to date. The property is minutes away from the downtown area. Breakfast was great. 3 Computers in the business center was very accomadating, during the printing of boarding passes. I'm use to only seeing properties with 2 computers in thier business center. The property is well maintained, and clean. Did I say clean? The staff is attentive to your every need. I was greeted with a big smile from Holly-Front Desk Manager, upon check in. That won me over. Kudos to Holly and the Housekeeping staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank T S
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you for the kind words, I will certainly pass them on to Holly and the staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've never written a review before but had to write in about this hotel. I showed up at 8pm in the pouring rain by myself with three hungry small children & lots of luggage. Clifton & Jasmine went above & beyond to make things easier & to make us feel warmly welcome. Service all weekend was top-notch. The hotel is bright and very clean and food is close by. The hot breakfast in-house is an added bonus. Just a great overall experience--many thanks again to all the staff!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Dpschuste
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. I will certainly pass on to Clifton and Jasmine. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Philadelphia - City Ave on New Year's Eve into New Years Day. This is my second time staying here which means I like this hotel. The first time I stayed was a good stay and this stay was even better! My friend and I got in around 1am and we were greeted my this very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful front dest clerk named Jackie. We felt so welcomed as she checked us in.She also acknowledged me as a Hilton Honors member. Although it was a "party night" there were no loud party goers and no noise going on in the hotel. The suite is very spacious and was VERY clean as were the common areas. The bed was soooo very comfortable. The kitchen had everything you would need to warm a meal or actually cook a meal, and it was a decent size! If you're lucky, you may find a parking space on the street, but if not, then you can park in the parking lot about 3 min walking distance from hotel. $5 is the cost if you park yourself. I'm not sure how much it is for valet. Complimentary breakfast is offered and it is very very good. Love the waffle maker! They have a variety of breakfast items to choose from.I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of down town Philadelphia. Very pretty at night! Side note: I didnt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sweetie0368
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for a third time to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites while in Philly for a family function. Property is in a great location. Very convenient to the Main Line area and downtown. The suite was very clean, large and nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The great breakfast in the morning was a wonderfful way to start the day. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. Would recommend to anyone staying in Philadelphia.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family