“Good solid suite hotel, needs WIFI in the rooms.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
Fleming, Ohio
“Good solid suite hotel, needs WIFI in the rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. We like a suite with two rooms since we have different sleeping hours, and these are available at reasonable cost. Breakfast was fine, although not exceptional. The swimming pool was heated to 100 degrees almost like a hot tub, which made it very enjoyable in the winter. The construction seems especially solid, giving good sound insulation. The only real deficiency is the lack of WIFI in the rooms, although there is free wired internet. The manager said they are making plans to add WIFI. You can do WIFI in the lobby and breakfast room..

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying here at Homewood Suites for my sisters birthday. We chose this location because it was close a to the airport. This is one of the best decisions I've made while choosing a hotel to stay at. The decor is very nice and up to date. The property is minutes away from the downtown area. Breakfast was great. 3 Computers in the business center was very accomadating, during the printing of boarding passes. I'm use to only seeing properties with 2 computers in thier business center. The property is well maintained, and clean. Did I say clean? The staff is attentive to your every need. I was greeted with a big smile from Holly-Front Desk Manager, upon check in. That won me over. Kudos to Holly and the Housekeeping staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank T S
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you for the kind words, I will certainly pass them on to Holly and the staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've never written a review before but had to write in about this hotel. I showed up at 8pm in the pouring rain by myself with three hungry small children & lots of luggage. Clifton & Jasmine went above & beyond to make things easier & to make us feel warmly welcome. Service all weekend was top-notch. The hotel is bright and very clean and food is close by. The hot breakfast in-house is an added bonus. Just a great overall experience--many thanks again to all the staff!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Dpschuste
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. I will certainly pass on to Clifton and Jasmine. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Philadelphia - City Ave on New Year's Eve into New Years Day. This is my second time staying here which means I like this hotel. The first time I stayed was a good stay and this stay was even better! My friend and I got in around 1am and we were greeted my this very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful front dest clerk named Jackie. We felt so welcomed as she checked us in.She also acknowledged me as a Hilton Honors member. Although it was a "party night" there were no loud party goers and no noise going on in the hotel. The suite is very spacious and was VERY clean as were the common areas. The bed was soooo very comfortable. The kitchen had everything you would need to warm a meal or actually cook a meal, and it was a decent size! If you're lucky, you may find a parking space on the street, but if not, then you can park in the parking lot about 3 min walking distance from hotel. $5 is the cost if you park yourself. I'm not sure how much it is for valet. Complimentary breakfast is offered and it is very very good. Love the waffle maker! They have a variety of breakfast items to choose from.I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of down town Philadelphia. Very pretty at night! Side note: I didnt...
1 Thank Sweetie0368
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for a third time to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites while in Philly for a family function. Property is in a great location. Very convenient to the Main Line area and downtown. The suite was very clean, large and nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The great breakfast in the morning was a wonderfful way to start the day. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. Would recommend to anyone staying in Philadelphia.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The property is adjacent to a full service Hilton fronting the large reservoir. The decor is attractive and upscale. The staff is attentive and answer the room phone with the guest's name. The one bedroom suite was spacious and very comfortable. The included buffet breakfast includes waffles and the managers dinner (MO-TH) includes wine, beer. ice tea. lemonade. There is on street parking or $5.00 per day in an attended parking lot.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the reservoir. Rooms 01 and 02 have corner views south and west to down t...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My stay at Homewood is always refreshing and easy going. The staff on all levels are respectful and extremely kind. The sincere welcome they show their guests makes it very hard to leave.:) I should know because I stayed at the Homewood on City Ave almost 2 years once while on business. So now if I just want to kick back and leave personal worries behind I may check in for night just do me and feel absolutely spoiled. By far, the number one hotel in US.:) Agnes in the dining area is tottaly inviting while serving dinner every evening. Her cheer is almost contagious. Robert, Toni, and Jakki are delightful. There is never a time when the family (staff) are too busy to acknowledge me and my needs. I travel for a living and have stayed at many hotels but nothing compares to you. Thank you for your sincere care for my wellbeing.

Sincerly.

Stephanie

Room Tip: Try the filet mignon
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you for the comments, I will surely pass them on to everyone. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.