“Philly Vacation 8/12”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #48 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Homewood Suites was a fantastic place for my family to stay during our vacation. We had a suite which allowed my twins to have their own bed and room while we had our own bathroom and kitchen. The front desk staff which included Vanessa and Toni were first class all the way. Vanessa became known as the "pink ranger" as my boys are very into power rangers at the moment and she played the part perfectly. We were greeted by name every time we walked in or out and we were helped immensely with maps and information on where to go, coupons, parking deals, etc. We took advantage of the breakfast and the dinner and both were great. We needed non-down pillows for our son and they came right away with the pillows. The cell service in the hotel/rooms was not the best and there was no wi-fi in the rooms either. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the TV channels as well and some were still in analog.

However overall the experience was great and I would definitely recommend staying there if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bdthaler
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This Homewood Suites is connected to a full-service Hilton - in fact, they share a gym and pool. The Hilton was $100 more per night, but you do not trade-down on amenities at the Homewood Suites. The staff could not have been more pleasant, the lobby was welcoming and the rooms were comfortable. I did not need the kitchen, included in the room, but the fridge was useful in keeping water cold. I would stay here again and you're convenient to PCOM.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was one of the most pleasant hotel stays we have ever had! Our first trip to the Philly area and we can't wait to return! The front desk staff remember each guest, welcomed us back with a friendly "hello, family" each day and were so overall helpful!!!! We were in one of the upper floors, king-suites and were just thrilled! There was more than enough room for my 2 teenage sons and myself! The full-sized kitchen and breakfast bar area was super convenient and the rooms were clean, spacious and amazingly quiet and comfortable! This place is truly a gem for the the area! Access to all the major roadways is readily accessible and you are an easy 5 minute drive from the St. Joseph's campus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tawanda14

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is a very nice, clean and rather new hotel and I would stay there again for short stays. There are just a couple minor issues. 1 - There is no wireless in the rooms and only in the hotel lobby, which is small. If you go to the connected Hilton lobby the wifi is a different system and you cannot access without paying. 2 - Though the managers reception was great with good food, the hotel does not have a bar or restuarant and outside of the Hilton there are very limited choices close by.
Otherwise a good stay as the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank smackie13
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I apologize that you had some issues while staying at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were inconvenienced by not having WiFi available in your room. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I regret that we were not able to deliver this to you.

Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this Homewood Suites on City Avenue. The rooms are clean and the staf is very friendly. The General Manager was extremely helpful. parking was $5/night or free if you could find a space on the street. Breakfast was good and I was there for one evening dinner which was good. The beds were very comfortabel. I will stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a great experience. Toni at the front desk is amazing, as you'll see in countless other reviews. She takes so much pride in her job and goes out of her way to make each guest's stay wonderful. My husband checked us in, so I was a little surprised when the next day she referred to me by name!

Room itself was great for a family (2 adults and our 6 year old son). I thought the room was spacious enough (we didn't spend a ton of time in it through) and the kitchen area was a great bonus. There is a Target just down the road so it was nice to have a place to keep little snacks and drinks. Along with the usual coffee/tea provided, they also provided a packet of microwave popcorn, which I thought was a really sweet touch. There is a DVD player in the room as well.

We didn't have the complimentary dinner, but enjoyed breakfast, which I would say is your typical hotel continental breakfast fare. The staff worked hard to keep it replenished.

The only reason I didn't rate the as a 5 is because of the pool. It was a little on the small side and there isn't a hot tub. Normally the hot tub doesn't matter to me, but after a couple of days doing the tourist thing, it would have been nice to enjoy a soak! Pool was nice enough when it was just my family in it, but with 3 other young/teenage boys it was a little crowded for everyone to do their thing.

Overall, this is a great property, close enough to the city and in my opinion, very reasonable for the price (especially when you include both complimentary meals and the fact that you have your own little kitchen area).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city/reservoir view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beanfruit

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 weeks for business. The staff was extremely friendly. I arrived extremely late at night and a staff member personally walked me from my car to the hotel. The ladies at the front desk greeted me by name every night. They also gave me great ideas for evening and weekend activities. They made me feel like I was at home. It was convenient having free breakfast, free in-room internet (ethernet only), and a light dinner with beer and wine during the week. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a view of the reservoir and the city. There seemed to be less A/C unit nois...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business