(Close to Downtown without Being in Heart of City)
Smallish/ narrow studio suite with relaxing view of Belmont Reservoir out bedroom window. (At times you can see geese & other birds enjoying the water.)
Studio not as spacious as some Homewood Suites (HS) and:
• Comfortable bedroom with desk & ergonomic chair across from foot of bed.
• Moved furniture in living room to make TV viewable.
• Room floor plan -- narrow living room/ kitchenette then bedroom (at far end by window) -- doesn't allow enough natural light to reach living room.
• Kitchenette had small dishwasher (not full sized) not properly anchored, so each time you opened dishwasher door, whole unit tilted forward. (Countertop prevented it from toppling over.)
• Free internet/WiFi.
• Computers/ printer in comfortable seated area; print documents & boarding passes.
• Working washers & dryers in guest laundry.
• $5 self-parking in nearby lot; but (if persistent) you can find *free* on-street parking. (Versus $45 parking in heart of Center City.)
• Modern, spacious exercise room in Hilton next door attached by hallways. (From 2nd floor entrance point at Homewood, the winding walk to the adjacent Hilton exercise room becomes part of workout regime).
• Headphones are provided for built-in TVs in treadmills/ ellipticals. (View out large windows (on to street & passersby) for change of scenery & take in natural light.)
• For change of pace from treadmill routine, loop around pleasant, side-walk friendly area.
• Peppy elevators eliminated long waits; 12 floors.
Breakfast & Dinner:
• Consistently *delicious* breakfasts & dinners (with variety & healthy choices) trumped any room annoyances:
-- Standard, good-quality HS breakfasts (hot & cold items) with healthy options served in lodge across from lobby. (Always hope for Greek yogurt, additional whole grain breads, & greater assortment of fresh fruit.)
-- Hearty, full evening meals on: Mon., Tue., Wed., & Thur.. (Extremely convenient if you haven't time to prepare your own meals.)
• For evenings when food isn’t served, 2 restaurants in adjoining Hilton: Delmonico’s Steak & Polo Lounge.
• Several eateries (to suite various tastes & budgets) are within a ½ mile (0.8km) -- about 15-minute walk; call-in order & pick up on your way home from day’s activities. (Would prefer *convenience* of healthy, hearty HS meals every night -- particularly if you've had a long work or play day.)
• If you’ve time/ inclination, food shop & prepare your own meals in furnished kitchenette.
Convenient to Airport & Downtown Philadelphia:
• Depending on traffic, approx. 35-min. drive (13 miles (21 km)) to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL); no HS airport shuttle.
• Depending on traffic, approx. 20-min. drive (6 miles (9.6 km)) to Center City (City Hall) Philadelphia.
Overall, a solid Homewood for short- or long-stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Philadelphia - City Ave Hotel Philadelphia
- Homewood Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Homewood Suites