“Fantastic deal for Triathlon race weekend”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Ranked #40 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Clermont, Florida, United States
“Fantastic deal for Triathlon race weekend”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel was close to the race site, had a reasonable price (I think it was cheaper than others in the area) but had a FULL kitchen in the room and a pull out couch for extra guest.
I was in heaven with tons of room to build my bike in the "living room" and had a kitchen to eat my regular pre-race meals. Target was with in walking distance so getting food wasn't a problem.
The staff was really helpful and friendly too! Asked how I did in the race and let me check out an hour late because it took forever for the awards ceremony to finish!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sara M
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

A business trip this week convinced me that the reviews on Trip Advisor were spot on! I encountered the highest level of friendliness and service from Toni and Vanessa at the front desk...including much appreciated assistance in securing me a room for my next trip this coming week! If every Homewood Suite is half as warm and accommodating as this one is...why would anyone ever stay anywhere else?
convenient to major roads, clear and comfortable rooms, amenities galore... Plus breakfast and dinner? business travelers' nirvana!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol R
Metropolis
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed one night and had no major complaints. Our room was clean and comfortable, on a high floor as we had requested. We enjoyed a glorious view of downtown in the distance. Free parking was available down the hill a bit and across the street on a surface lot. The included breakfast was standard fare for this type of property. The front desk staff was as friendly as we have ever experienced anywhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FormerCheeseHead
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I was staying here on business for 5 days. Let me say this - stay here if you are looking for a place that is comfortable, affordable and has fantastic people. Everytime a person walked in the door in the evening they are greeted by a "welcome home", which was a bit surprising the first time, but then you realize that the people here really mean it! Of particular note was Vanessa, who was on the front desk. Fantastic - found restaurants, sugggested things we should see, provided a great suggestion for a running route...basically everything you could imagine was done with a great smile and a genuine delight to be helping people. Honestly, if I was running a hotel, I would video her for a day and show this to new employees for training - amazing.

As far as the hotel goes, it is very comfortable, you have access to the gym at the Hilton next door, it is close to the river and some very nice trails that run along there. You are about 10 min by cab to downtown, which can go out to 20+ when the traffic is busy. I will be back and bringing the family later this summer!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Indyozzie
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Normally I would have rated this hotel as average, bordering on very good. But instead I've chosen excellent. The reason is the staff.

We (parents with two small children) stayed at the hotel for a week in mid April 2012.

The lobby seems to have been recently renovated, but the rooms are in a need of a refresh. Everything is in place and functioning, but the finishing is starting to fray. During our stay the dishwasher malfunctioned and pumped out the water on the kitchenette floor. Thankfully maintenance had it cleaned up and fixed in no time, so there was little inconvenience to us.

The staff are super-nice! Whenever we called down to the desk for something we needed, the response was courteous and very prompt. Vanessa at the front desk is fantastic - remembers your name and always has a smile. She also suggested things for the wife and kids to do while I was away at a conference.

If you have a lot of luggage then leave your car out front while you unload as the parking lot is a short walk away (but with luggage, inconveniently downhill from the hotel).

The breakfast and dinner offered were good and varied enough to not need to go anywhere else. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the welcome home dinners: even the kids had something to eat every evening. The staff who worked breakfasts and dinners were helpful and cheerful all the time.

The staff is what makes this hotel an excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarriLai
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel had one of the friendliest front desk employees that I have ever encountered. I wish I noted her name but we checked in about 8:00 on Mother's Day, May 13,2012. She was genuinely a sweetheart! The hotel is immaculate, the beds comfy, the suites spacious and a wonderful breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Clean, quiet and Vanessa the front desk manager is the most considerate and loving hotel employee I have ever encountered. This was my home away from home.

The breakfast and dinner (with wine and beer) was a surprise to me especially since it was free (and actually was tasty). Usually hotels that have free food put out pretty bad old bagels and coffee.

My room was lovely with a comfortable sofa and bed. A small kitchen with a refrigerator was great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business to Philadelphia. Approx. 7 miles from city center and Maxwell Cab will give you a great rate if you don't want to drive yourself. Also the bus stop is only 2 blocks away and you can take the No. 44 bus downtown for only $2.00! It was perfect for me. The bus went right down Market Street.

I would definitely stay here again. I have stayed at some bad hotels in Scottsdale and Jackson Hole for twice as much money. This was a great price and I got a $100 MasterCard gift card from Expedia for booking it on my MasterCard. I'm sold.

Room Tip: Just talk to Vanessa