Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue
Kimpton
$144
$134
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$169
$152
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$158
$143
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

Free cancellation until 05/30
$166
Agoda.com
$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewswelcome homefront deskself parkingstreet parkingfull kitchencomplimentary breakfastacross the streetdesk staffindoor poolper dayking bednice staybusiness tripfitness centeryogurttonireservoir
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The lobby seems to have gotten a relatively recent face-lift and seems like the rooms are waiting their turn! Bathroom/kitchenette in room seemed fresher than the rest of the room. Carpets were extremely dingy and need to be pulled up and replaced right away. Tried to avoid touching them with bare feet!

Free breakfast was good, though the sharp 9:30 end time for the weekend seemed extreme...perhaps starting a little later and ending a little later might work best for the weekend crowd.

1  Thank DartGo
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Our entire lobby was renovated in the last 90 days, and I am pleased to say that our guest room renovation is currently underway. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Philadelphia soon. Based on the extremely positive feedback we have received regarding our renovation, I am confident that your next experience will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

When you travel every week for Business it is so nice to have a nice staff at your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I must say this hotel was a little "off the beaten path". Not much really within walking distance (If u dont like to walk). The bus stop was right in front of the hotel though, and a very quick ride into downtown. The hotel was very clean; The breakfast was great, and dinner was even better. We were happily surprised about dinner since we were not expecting anything else complimentary. But... I must say that the most memorable thing about my trip will definitely be the staff. Vanessa at the front desk was so friendly and helpful with everything I needed. Toni was great as well. The general manager (Cant remember the name right now) I think it was Dermitt... was very "hands-on" and always around. He was behind the front desk at times, and we even saw him helping out with breakfast the next morning "hi-fiving" our server. I have worked in the hotel industry for 17 years and my GM never hi-fives anyone!!! I felt the staff was very at home and happy. It was very pleasing.!!! It sucks to go on vacation and see the staff with sour pusses all around you. This was awesome!! My compliments to the GM who seems to be doing something right to keep these people happy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone...GREAT PLACE!!

3  Thank bnkzmom
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites City Ave for one night. This is my first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I was impressed. My grandson and I checked in late after a long day at our family reunion. Needless to say we were very tired. The clerk at the front desk was very friendly and inviting. She got us checked in and made us feel very welcomed. The exterior and lobby was very clean! The rooms have king size beds and then there is a sleeper sofa. The kitchen was a good size for a hotel. It even has a full size refrigerator! It's like having a small apartment. The suite was clean with the exception of a few cobwebs and stains on carpet. The hotel is located near a lot of stores and restaurants that are in walking distance. I think my only complaint would be that w had to wait like 30 minutes for linen for the sleeper sofa. I think that they should be stored in the suite. They offer complimentary breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of it. I would stay here again, but I think that I would ask for sleeper linen when I'm making the reservation.

2  Thank Sweetie0368
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As we continue renovating our hotel I am confident that your experiences will only get better. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We thought we were safe with hilton product but it appears this franchise hotel is not up to par. I would recommend any other in the area besides this one. We even were forcedto take out complains ot the General Manager who has to date avoided all our calls... guess that says it all...definitely not a place to stay, bad business

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mgabriele
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.