“Preferred Indian Buffet in Center City”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #967 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: University City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Preferred Indian Buffet in Center City”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Been going to this place since the 90s... and the food is always good.. the atmosphere is cute.. the waiters are attentive, you get 2 desserts... can't beat that... the mixed drinks are below average and watered down... but you can't be good at everything i guess!

• Visited April 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant by chance. The dining room opened onto the street allowing for a pleasant breeze. It was tidy, clean and had a small but hot, fresh and delicious dinner (lunch also) buffet for $11.95. This included hot entrees, a salad bar with all the Indian condiments, rice pudding, good chocolate pudding and included coffee or tea plus ice cream (we had yummy mango). The staff were friendly and kept plates cleared from the table.

Visited April 2012
Philadelphia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

New Delhi has an incredible buffet, show your student ID and get a discount! One of my favorites in West Philadelphia.

Visited March 2012
Boothwyn, PA
“Great place to sample Indian cuisine”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This was my first ever venture to try Indian cuisine ........ i wanted to do a buffet so as to get a taste for the different dishes .
LOVED it! There were a variety of your standard Indian dishes on the buffet ....including vegetable samosa , chicken tandoori and naan. We had the Gulab Jamon for dessert and excellent Mango Ice Cream.
The staff was very attentive and efficient ...... didn't have to wait for drink refills ....... restaurant had a lively atmosphere. I was there on a friday night and the place was packed , a sign that i wasn't the only one loving the food :)
I'll definetly be returning !!

• Visited February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Based on food and drinks alone its an Indian Delight!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Drinks and food are delicious! The place is newly renovated and has a really awesome completely stainless steel hallway to the bathroom. I have been here about a dozen times (in restaurant and delivery) and the food and beverages of every kind have never disappointed me.

The only reason I cannot give New Delhi a 5 is because their service is a bit lacking, most of the staff does not speak English well and so sometimes you get a slightly different thing or you don't get something you ordered at all. In fact the last time I was there my wife and I ordered garlic naan to go with our meal. The waiter clearly did not put it in, the person who brought our food to us did not bring it and we never saw anyone again to ask for it until we were done with our meals. We had some leftovers so I informed the man who brought us our check that we ordered garlic naan, never got it and would like it to go with our leftovers packaged up. He said ok and a few minutes late brought us our leftovers and the garlic naan, grabbed the check out of my hand, disappeared and came back with a new check that included the garlic naan.

I am not a restaurant owner or manager but after decades of being a foodie, I have dined many places throughout the country and abroad and in my opinion they could have easily given us the $3.25 garlic naan for free.

Aside from the mediocre service and lack of hospitable management, the food is consistently amazing (especially the Malai Kofta) and the array of drinks are great too! If their was another delicious Indian restaurant with a clean restaurant area so conveniently located within a 10-block radius of my house I would go there instead. But since their is not, I will be returning but this time if something is missing from my order I will notify them immediately by going to get the waitstaff so that this incident cannot happen again.

Happy eating!