“Great place to sample Indian cuisine”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #849 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: University City
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This was my first ever venture to try Indian cuisine ........ i wanted to do a buffet so as to get a taste for the different dishes .
LOVED it! There were a variety of your standard Indian dishes on the buffet ....including vegetable samosa , chicken tandoori and naan. We had the Gulab Jamon for dessert and excellent Mango Ice Cream.
The staff was very attentive and efficient ...... didn't have to wait for drink refills ....... restaurant had a lively atmosphere. I was there on a friday night and the place was packed , a sign that i wasn't the only one loving the food :)
I'll definetly be returning !!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Drinks and food are delicious! The place is newly renovated and has a really awesome completely stainless steel hallway to the bathroom. I have been here about a dozen times (in restaurant and delivery) and the food and beverages of every kind have never disappointed me.

The only reason I cannot give New Delhi a 5 is because their service is a bit lacking, most of the staff does not speak English well and so sometimes you get a slightly different thing or you don't get something you ordered at all. In fact the last time I was there my wife and I ordered garlic naan to go with our meal. The waiter clearly did not put it in, the person who brought our food to us did not bring it and we never saw anyone again to ask for it until we were done with our meals. We had some leftovers so I informed the man who brought us our check that we ordered garlic naan, never got it and would like it to go with our leftovers packaged up. He said ok and a few minutes late brought us our leftovers and the garlic naan, grabbed the check out of my hand, disappeared and came back with a new check that included the garlic naan.

I am not a restaurant owner or manager but after decades of being a foodie, I have dined many places throughout the country and abroad and in my opinion they could have easily given us the $3.25 garlic naan for free.

Aside from the mediocre service and lack of hospitable management, the food is consistently amazing (especially the Malai Kofta) and the array of drinks are great too! If their was another delicious Indian restaurant with a clean restaurant area so conveniently located within a 10-block radius of my house I would go there instead. But since their is not, I will be returning but this time if something is missing from my order I will notify them immediately by going to get the waitstaff so that this incident cannot happen again.

Happy eating!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Buffet for 12$ is great value. À la carte menu also available , but is the same food at worse value.
Service is awesome. A waiter is always available. They always seem happy to serve with a great smile.
Had a great time.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Almost everything on the buffet was too spicy for my taste. I generally enjoy spicy food, but it loses its appeal when everything tastes the same. The sagg was just as spicy as the dal makini, and the somosas were also just as spicy. There were also not enough vegetarian selections on the buffet. The sagg had lamb in it and the pakoras were made with chicken wings....chicken wings? The atmosphere is airy and not like other Indian restuarants I visit. When we were finished we received some mango ice cream. The ice cream was very good; I wish they also had rose ice cream. We probably won't return unless we have guests you enjoy very spicy Indian food.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

Very affordable and the food is great. I've had food from New Delhi, Sitar and Tandoor India and this place is the best. Sitar is good too but don't go to Tandoor! The atmosphere of this place is good too, which is surprising for a buffet.