“Restaurant Week 2014”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

So me and my boyfriend decided to stop in during restaurants week. It's a very nice restaurant. I would like the mention that the restaurant week menu was very small with not a lot of choices. It was smaller than I expected. I ordered the petite filet mignon and my boyfriend ordered the I believe it was the chicken stuffed with garlic and cheese. My steak was very small. I'm a small girl 5'4 124lbs. When I saw the word it was expecting a smaller steak then normal size but I wasnt expecting it to be that small. I was still hungry after I was done ! My boyfriend really enjoyed his chicken it was very good. Or waitress was very nice but it seemed like she was trying to push us to buy alcoholic drinks to up or meal prices because we did order off the reaturant week menu. I asked her what was the regular drink offers since they were not on the menu and she kept talking about alcoholic beverages. It was weird. But all in all it's a very nice restaurant the atmosphere was great. I may even come back again !

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Food and service were very good at a recent visit to Ruth Chris on Broad Street in Philadelphia. The portions were quite large and the sides were excellent. Since everything is a la carte, the tab can grow rather large. Glasses of the house wine are about $15 while the surf and turf, without anything else is $75. A party of four can easily spend over $500! That's pricey for a chain restaurant! The atmosphere is nothing to write home about. Since our last visit it appears that they tried to cram more tables into the same space. These added factors contributed to an overall so-so experience.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It doesn't matter what Ruth's Chis you are at, they are all excellent. Great food, wonderful side dishes and great portions. I have yet to be disappointed in a meal. By far it's the best. Not cheap, but worth it.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Wow. I have been to places like this before, so I knew what to expect from a menu perspective. What I did not expect was the level of service. Usually these fancy "chain" places get you in and out while taking your arm and leg. This time was very different. The level of service my wife and I received for our anniversary dinner was quite astounding. I'll bet at least 3-4 times, different members of the staff said "happy anniversary." At some point early on, someone sneakily laid down some rose petals on our table. At the end, our waitress took our picture and actually gave us a print to take home as a keepsake. Just a great experience. Oh, the food is really good too. The filet was excellent, cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. Bravo to the management for having such a great staff.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Too my wife to celebrate her birthday. We arrived without having a reservation and found out from the host that it was restaurant week and the restaurant was fully booked. After explaining that we were there to celebrate her birthday, he said he would see what could be done to seat us. We sat at the bar, order our drinks and was pleasantly entertained by the bartender. To our surprise the host returned with good news of a table. From this point on the rest of the night is one that I can say is an unforgettable experience and one I hope to have more of. Well done to a very professional staff.

1  Thank GLADSTONE W