“great steak! great deal...”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great steak! great deal...”
Reviewed November 21, 2007

great steak! great deal during restaurant week!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Korean first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent Service and great food.”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Excellent Service and great food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Margate City, New Jersey
“Never Again”
Reviewed December 22, 2006

My husband and I decided to dine at Ruth's Chris because we have heard good things. We have eaten at many prime steak houses and this is the worst. For the money that you are spending, you would expect close to the best of everything.

The wait service was fairly good. But everything felt rushed. No sooner you were done with the appetizer, here was your main course. And what is the deal with their plates being so hot? The steaks continue to cook past the time they are to your liking. My husband ordered a cowboy steak and it looked like something you would get at an Outback. He ordered it medium - but it was totally over cooked. I got the filet and it was the worst I have ever had. For a restaurant that advertises prime cuts, it was anything but that.

Then each of us had the same complaints about the rest rooms. They were filthy with paper towels over flowing the garbage can and all over the floor. The place was empty so I could not understand why it would be like that.

Like I said, the place was empty when we walked in and we should have gotten the hint as to why. Also, I made the reservation only a couple days ahead of time and had no problem getting one. So go figure.

Next time we are going to try the Capital Grill.

delaware
“Good steak”
Reviewed June 12, 2005

This restaurant came highly recommened by a cab driver. (There should be more cab drivers like him!) Ruth's Chris is part of a chain started in New Orleans. The atmosphere was nice, it was clean and quiet (my girlfriend did have to send back a dirty wine glass), and the food was good. Any food in a big city that doesn't make me sick is good. They advertise sizzle, and delivered. I've NEVER seen a steak sizzle like that! And on a glass plate. The steak was ok, but not the best I've ever had. Our dinky home town offers better steak for less than half the price. The staff was friendly, and the experience was a good one.

3 Thank mikerpics