“Disappointing; waste of money and time.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
Haddonfield, NJ
“Disappointing; waste of money and time.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Tried to have dinner here on Saturday night. We were really looking forward to our first visit.
Unfortunately, our dinner was a disaster.
My boyfriend got a piece of plate in his steak and the manager comped the steak (only). But this delayed our meal and we barely made our show.
The lobster bisque was weak, the crabtini appetizer was the only saving grace of the entire meal.
To make things worse, a child of about 2 was walking around the restaurant in pajamas and ladies room was literally covered in vomit. They had to shut it down because someone got sick.
It was like eating in a cesspool.
The service was excellent, but not worth our $200 bill.
I have had better filet mignon elsewhere, without the filth and drama.
Please don't bank on a great meal here. We were sorely disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kirsten E

• Korean first
Media, Pennsylvania
“never again!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place is an overrated joke. Food was mediocre, service was slow and they make you think their steak is unbelievable. Capitol grill was a much better experience and honestly the steak was better at lone star for 1/4 the price.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank cramerd
Bucks County, PA
“Not worth it”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been here several times in the past few years and will definitely never go back. The food and service is very inconsistent and not what I would expect from a top steak house. I went last year and had an excellent dinner. However, my recent visit was not so good. We were not seated at our reservation time (not really a problem, we went to the bar for a drink). When I asked about our table, we were then shown to a table in the front of the restaurant (which doesn;t have much atmosphere), however the table was small and set for 4 (we were 6). The waiter said he would move us to another table in the back. 15 minutes later I again checked with the hostess who told me I couldn't have a table in the back without another 30 minute wait. She also had a major attitude. We were finally seated in the front - nice table facing Broad Street. Our dinners were very average. Steak was not sizzling hot. Steak ordered on the price fix menu looked liked it was the end of the cut. Medium rare steak was overcooked. Some filets were tender, some not tender. Had to ask our waiter 3x for another drink. All in all, was not a great experience and I will definitely be visiting some of the many other steak houses in the city next time.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank aross27
Sewell, New Jersey
“Very poor service”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Had a 5:15pm reservation that we called to change to 5:45. We were next door at the Kimmel Center for a show and my daughter had a broken leg. My wife went ahead to make our reservation on time with us about 5 min behind. They would not check us in until the entire party was there. I can get by that however we are left there waiting for another 45 min until it gets so crowded that people are bumping into us and there was no order at all. It got to the point that we gave up and went to another place to have a great meal. I have been to this Ruth's Chris several times and never have seen it like this before. Not sure that I will come back, there are too many choices in the city.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mark B
Philadelphia
“So Not Worth It”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We ate here on Restaurant Week and felt like we were having fast food. The tables were on top of each other. The waiter took the entire order for every course in the beginning and we were barely finished one course before the next was presented. We were in and out with in 30 minutes. Never again.