“Nice Place for Date Night”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Street
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have been to a few other Ruth's Chris restuarants but this was my first time at the Philadelphia location. I was at Ruth's Chris for Philadelphia Restaurant Week. We made reservations but that was totally unnecessary because there wasn't a wait time at all. The food and the service were both excellent. Our waiter was wonderful and took very good care of us. Our meals were brought out quickly and everything was hot when we got it. The portion sizes are good for the price you pay and their regular menu offers a good number of items. SInce we were taking advantage of the special menu, we actually got a fairly good deal pricewise, but under normal circumstances, the restaurant is quite expensive. I do think its worth the money, though. The only complaint I have is that if you don't request a booth, you're pretty much right next to the people around you. If you want any kind of privacy, definitely wait for the booth. I have to say that I prefer the one in King of Prussia to this one - there's plenty of free parking - but I would definitely visit here again.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent Ambiance, Food was excellent as well. Service was impeccable. My daughter took me there for Mothers Day as a surprise. I have always wanted to go there, and was not dissapointed by her choice.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

As almost every time here the food is very much a cut above ordinary IF you like butter. Not too much that is light but a lot that's substantial and delicious. I've never walked away anything less than quite satisfied, not necessarily of pocket, but of belly. The staff is a cut above too - engaging, intelligent, nicely poised as to whether to engage or fade into the background, and if you have dinner at the bar the cast of characters is a thing in itself, on Broad Street, fat cats and fat cat wannabes.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This eas my first time here, I been in several cities but never been at Ruth's and decided to give it a try, I'm glad we did. We arrive early so the afternoon service wasn't ready and we headed to the bar for some wine. After a couple of minutes we were seated. Right from the start we were served propertly. Our waitress recommended some dishes but we manage on our own. They had happy our so we drank more wine. I'm a huge Del Frisco fan, but I have to let you know that my experience here was even better. The Ribeye had much more flavor and it really melted in my mouth, and the best thing... It's a bit cheaper!! You have to try it. I decided to try it because of the good reviews I read here, thanks guys!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I go to a center city restaurant an average of once a week during baseball season. We eat well before going to the game. This restaurant is the best of all of them I have experienced.

The steak was fantastic and had wonderful sauces with it with a lot of choices and a very knowledgable waiter who could have owned any other place. We were treated like special VIP customers after only one visit. Don't be fooled about the average price listed here. We ordered two speaks, ala cart asparagus for $12 extra and no alcohol and our bill was $220 for two people. The best and the most expensive we have ever experienced.