“Wonderful desserts, solid meal overall”

La Veranda Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Veranda Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,020 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Market
Description: La Veranda Restaurant- Known for its delicious Italian Food, incredible water views, and its superior service. Located on Penn’s Landing we offer reservations for romantic dinners for two, intimate gathers, business dinners, and private meeting rooms, or the perfect outdoor dining experience. Our private rooms with there incredible water views offer the perfect back drop for all your banquet needs. Our wood burning grill, extensive wine list, full service bar, and outstanding menu with daily specials are all sure to impress.
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful desserts, solid meal overall”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My sweetie and I visited La Veranda for the first time on a Saturday night. It is located on a Pier on the waterfront, with a beautiful view of the boats and marina.

Appetizers were great. We shared a grilled vegetable platter, and clams in a white wine sauce, both which were excellent. Homemade bread was wonderful. My main course was bucatini with a spicy arrabiatta sauce which was excellent. She had the filet with a peppercorn sauce, both of which were disappointing however. The filet was not that flavorful, and the peppercorn sauce was the same. Another sauce might have helped. This causes their rating for me to drop a whole point.

Desserts were some of the best we've ever had. We shared a banana creme frulee, and a chocolate banana creme pie. Both superb.

The restaurant has a very clubby feel with lots of regulars. Its an expensive night out, but certainly worth a try.

• Visited February 2012

Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
“Feeling close to Soprano”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The italian food is italian. The location is perfect, including the fact that parking is practical. In Summer, you can be seated outside on the river side and only see boats, floating homes and riverside appartments, forgetting about the city. Waiters are excellent, atmosphere is cool. A very different place in Philly, also one of the best for dining along Penn's landing after the Moshulu.

Visited December 2011
Newark, New Jersey
“A Great Secret in Philly”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

It's hard to believe not more people know about this place. I've been there several times over the past two years and each time the place wasn't over crowded. I've been there in the summer months and sat outside on the dock, it's nice view of the marina and the bridge, but you have to keep in mind your outside, so don't mind the seagulls.

The staff always treated me and my guests well. From the valets, the front end bar, the host to the wait staff. I've never had a bad experience. Maybe once the service was a bit on the slower side, but it wasn't terrible.

The best part was the food. One of my favorites is the grilled calamari. Even though it's an Italian restaurant, the steaks are out of this world. If you're not sure what you want, tell the waiter what type of food you like and let him order for you. I did this twice, and both times he was on the mark.

• Visited September 2011
Laguna Beach, CA
“Traditional Italian by the river.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Very good food in a beautiful riverside setting. I would particularly recommend the grilled calamari appetizer. The roasted red peppers were also good. The osso buco was very good. Service was attentive without being overbearing.

• Visited September 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Used to be good - not any more”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Went to La Veranda for our anniversary dinner. It started with the menu which had a few misspellings on it - the worst was spelling broccoli "rape" instead of rabe.

Salad was OK, soup was good. The waiter took our order for wine when the entree came and he didn't bring the wine until our meal was almost over.

I had veal stuffed with mozzerella in a tomato, mushroom and pea sauce. My entree came with the sauce thrown onto the meat (not nicely poured) and a sprig of parsley on the side. I couldn't even find the mozzerella. It came with a side of 2 thin slices of potato and about two tablespoons of broccoli rabe.

We will never go back.