“Delicious food and friendly service”

La Fourno Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fourno Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 7th Street
Description: Italian food is as varied as the land and the people. At La Fourno you will taste truly remarkable, authentically prepared dishes from Abruzzo, Umbria & Tuscany. From antipasti to dolci, wine and spirits, everything is wonderfully prepared and affordably priced. We pride ourselves on using only the freshest ingredients of the highest quality in our award-winning food served to you by our attentive, knowledgeably and friendly staff. Come join us. We can guarantee that you'll enjoy the entire experience that is dining at La Fourno.
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food and friendly service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Service was very quick and friendly. We ordered the farinatta bread appetizer, which was absolutely delicious!! We also ordered pizzas - overall, the brick fired bread/dough was amazing - I would highly recommend it. We also had a canoli, which was so good, I had to order extra to-go. Our waiter was quick and attentive. We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited March 2014

New York City, New York
“Have the ravioli”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was there with a party of 7 for dinner (family and friends). The food was absolutely delicious - starting with the soft warm bread served at table, then the veal and sage ravioli, which literally melt in your mouth. The portion size is not huge, but every single bite was heaven.
The menu offers many varied gourmet-quality options. However, the waiter was very accommodating to my 11-year old picky-eater sister.
The place has a very small face towards the street, but is actually quite deep and at least two stories (I think there might have been a third floor too) tall, with additional seating on the second floor, were we sat next to the fireplace on a cold december night. The restaurant's facade is nothing fancy, so if I were walking on the street, I might have not walked it if it weren't for the fact that I had not picked the place. Now, I look up the restaurant here and see how well-reviewed it was. It really is no surprise.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Service, Service, Service (and the food's good too!)”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Large menu of top notch Italian dishes, but the service and friendliness of the staff is why you'll be coming back often. They treat you like old friends and always remember you from your last visit. It may look like a pizza place when you walk by (and they do have good pizza) but there's ample seating on two levels in a very comfortable environment, like a tried and true corner neighborhood restaurant. La Fourno is a rare find in the heart of the busy South St. shopping district.

Dallas, Texas
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Philadelphia has such an abundance of great restaurants. I first visited with my daughter in the summer of 2012 during college orientation. She now calls it "our restaurant," We returned last weekend with my father as well, and were not disappointed.

First the trio of Bruschetta, traditional, eggplant, and the sublime, strawberries and goat cheese. is fantastic. The pastas were delicious, and my chicken dish with a side of spaghettini with wonderfully seasoned vegetables was light and flavorful. It left us room to share a tiramasu which was a perfect ending to a meal.

The space is small and unassuming, and the service on both occasions was warm and knowledgeable. Our waiter from our first visit over a year ago, recognized us as well.

La Fourno will be a frequent stop on our visits to Philadelphia.

• Visited November 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Service. Great Food. Genuinely Friendly.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Was up in Philly for a high school regatta for my daughter and some of her friends. They wanted PASTA! Found this place on-line with great reviews. We were not disappointed. Parking can be a challenge but even if you have to park a couple of blocks away, it's a fun neighborhood so the walk isn't half bad. One of the signature items for this place is their garlic bread. Just GREAT! Hot out of the oven. The pizza is good, but I had the Linguini & Meatballs Marinara. Good sized serving, delicious and satisfying. The food is good, but even better was the personal touch we felt from our server and the rest of the crew here. Overall a good meal at a fair price.

• Visited October 2013