“An Average Restaurant in a not so wonderful location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Fourno Ristorante

La Fourno Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fourno Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 4,318 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 7th Street
Description: Italian food is as varied as the land and the people. At La Fourno you will taste truly remarkable, authentically prepared dishes from Abruzzo, Umbria & Tuscany. From antipasti to dolci, wine and spirits, everything is wonderfully prepared and affordably priced. We pride ourselves on using only the freshest ingredients of the highest quality in our award-winning food served to you by our attentive, knowledgeably and friendly staff. Come join us. We can guarantee that you'll enjoy the entire experience that is dining at La Fourno.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“An Average Restaurant in a not so wonderful location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Food was average or a bit better. There is a take out pizza area in the front and tables in the rear which look like a luncheonette.Not wild about South Street after dark as it can get a bit crazy. Fine place for a quick meal and or pizza, nothing more.

Visited September 2012

New Jersey
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a surprise!! This restaurant is a beautiful renovated row home. I was there last Sat night. I was running late & of course, finding parking was not an easy feat. But, there is a lot at 6th & Bainbridge ($20). The owner told my friend, "Don't worry, we won't give away the table." I was so appreciative & it even became a BIG joke once I arrived. The food: very tasty. I ordered the Zuppa Di Pesce, my friend had a salmon dish. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Ordered calamari as an appetizer. I saw pizzas being served, they looked really good. The staff is super-friendly, they are professional & make you feel right at home, not "order-taker" style. The place is small but I never felt overcrowded. They also have room upstairs for bigger parties. The bathrooms are extremely clean. I can't wait to come back with the family, because they make you feel like family. Thank you La Fourno! If you need the website address: http://www.lafourno.com/

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Greatness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've eatin here for many years and thought its time to write review. Although this Italian restaurant has changed owners, I assure you nothing has changed, food still taste great and if you see a how at the playhouse, you get a discount. Pizza is in my opinion the absolute best I've had, it's thin crust authentic brick oven and you'll be wanting more. pies are personal size only. the pastas are great filled with flavor. You will not be disappointed. A great romantic place and upstairs can cater for a private party. reservations, yes. walk-in welcome. wine and beers available.

Visited February 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Pleasant surprise on South Street.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We went only because we received a Groupon as a gift as I was very skeptical about getting a decent meal from this part of South Street. I am glad to say I was wrong! We were treated with pleasantries and smiles from hello to goodbye. The restaurant was clean. The drinks were well made, although they lost a point for not carrying my favorite vodka. We had the cheese/chick pea bread platter for appetizer which was good, although the bread had a unique taste. My fiance had Mama's pasta and meatballs that was excellent and I had a stuffed chicken dish which was very good as well. We shared a cannoli for dessert that had a terrific filling but could have had a denser crust in my opinion, though my fiance disagreed. All in all a great experience, one I certainly did not expect. Worth a try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Food, Great Service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

...and my aunt should have let me drive so I could park the right way on South Street (apparently missing 4 easy parallel parking spots was enough to drive the entire care crazy).

We went here at like 1:30/2 on a Sunday afternoon and it was completely dead. Better for us!! We walked in, were seated and had a blast with our Italian server, mexican cooks and Filipino manager (their words, not mine!). I got the gnocchi with marinara...delicious!!! My uncle got the linguini with pesto which was amazballs, mom got the angel hair with garlic. THanks to mom, I had her leftovers for lunch the next day- still delicious!! We even ended up with a free bottle of wine when the server heard I graduated med school and saw we weren't drinking yet. I can't complain about that one!

• Visited June 2013