“Good interesting food”

Neighborhood: City Center West
Chadds Ford, PA
“Good interesting food”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We finally got to try this restaurant- using a living Social deal. We parked right out front - amazing for Philly. We had an attentive waitress and she was able to easily serve us promptly - we had theatre tickets. The choices were endless - and we tried the barbecue chicken - moist and flavorful and the curried goat roti - sort of wrap with goat and veggies . It was good but sloppy, despite being well wrapped hen served. Clean place, colorful wall murals and a steady take out business. We will come back to try the other dishes- jerk chickhen, Jamaican seviche etc. Very inexpensive too. BYO.

• Visited December 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Flavorful jamiacan food, very interesting dishes”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was skeptical about the jamaican jerk hut as I was not a fan of jamaican cuisine. Jamaican jerk hut changed my mind. The dishes were very flavorful, the server's knowledgeable and the atmosphere very island like (there's a reggae band some nights). It is also a byob which I like - my only qualm was that they were out of several of the appetizers, one of which the server told me they hadn't had in months (perhaps they should remove it from the menu?) The dishes they were able to prepare though were well executed. It's also a great place for groups given the long outdoor picnic tables.

Visited October 2012
Deptford, New Jersey
“Wanted to love the Jerk Hut but ...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our waitress really set the tone for our dinner, she could not have been less interested in us. We waited a long, long time for water, glasses, silverware, plates basically everything. We were a 10 person table celebrating bday and sat on the veranda where there was a stereo set to hip hop music. We didn't mind the music but it was really out of place. She took an hour to to come back and take our order, and many items were unavailable to order which was annoying. She actually said they don't turn on the blender during the week so none of the smoothies or drinks were available. The Ital stew sounded amazing but was totally bland. On the other hand the jerk chicken was sooo spicy I could barely eat it. My husband kept giving me some of his BBQ chicken so I could eat my chicken. His was pretty good. But it needed more balance on the plate and the cabbage that accompanies the jerk chicken was crazy spicy as well. The roti was the same bland Ital stew in a burrito. The mango salsa was tasty but again unexpectedly spicy. Overall not great food, and possibly the worst service ever!! Could be better in warmer weather, the outdoor courtyard looked liked it had potential.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent and Unique Experience”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Unique experience. If you like spicy jerk chicken, this is the place to go. Outside seating with live band performances. Good for groups. Expect the jerk dishes to be very spicy.

• Visited April 2012
“simply good”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

It's almost like being on the island..and eating met and veg pattys