“Classic off-campus eating”
Review of Draught Horse

Draught Horse
Ranked #2,251 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This is classic off-campus eating , so manage your expectations. It is a notch up from bar food. Prices and menu are good. Service seems a bit under staffed, but friendly... Just a bit rushed. Try the sweat potato waffles.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went to the Draught Horse with our daughter after moving her into the Temple dorms for the fall semester. It's a great location (Cecil B. Moore and Broad) for a family to eat when visiting a kid who is attending Temple or a great place for Temple students to go meet and eat out together. The food was also very good and is in the same genre of food as Chili's or TGI Friday's. The atmosphere has a good college feel to it also. Only problem was the food delivery was slow. The very nice waitress visited us a couple of time to ask us if we wanted more water. This is not an isolated situation. The last time we went there, the food delivery was also slow. C'mon Draught Horse management: you've got a gold mine of business potential at this location and you can fix this service issue!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Wish I could give a better review but 4 us ate together and everything was just average. In fairness, this place is mostly a bar but they do serve food, and not just bar food. However the food was so-so and the service, while friendly, was very slow even though they weren't crowded at all during our lunchtime visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband, son and I went to this dingy establishment based upon raving reviews from my son and his friends from Oct. 2011. They went on about how tasty the burgers were and that these fries were the "best" they ever had. So, we planned on going there next time we were in town and had high hopes. We went there on a quiet Wednesday night in December. We were seated and a server promptly took our drink order. The menu looked promising and we ordered the "burgers and fries" (nothing too outrageous there!) Well, the food came and my son and I took the first bites of our burgers and we almost spit it right out. It smelled and tasted like I would imagine cow manure would. It was utterly putrid and my husband tried it and agreed. Unbelievable.... Then we tried the fries....cold, limp and no taste whatsoever! We asked to speak with the manager. He came to our table with a chip already on his shoulder and actually tried to say that they started to order better quality meat since October and that no one else had complained. In addition, he mentioned that they changed the fries. He was not apologetic at all! I couldn't believe he was so defensive and argumentative! So much for the customer coming first. Although he didn't charge us for the food we didn't eat, the bad taste in our mouths stemmed more so from the terrible manager rather than the disgusting food!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Fam of 3 spent $46 , including tip. Templeton cheese steak - Stay away unless you like hard pretzels, Lemon tart - hated it. Hubby ate it though. I couldn't distinguish some of the ingredients just by looking at the tart. It was a tart. I should be able to SEE the simple prime ingredients. Wait it gets worse. Next evening pals wanted to hang for a beer and appys and stay close to the Liacouras. Ugh........ so Hubby and I got something simple that we thoughtDraught could do. Ok, my son warned me my discerning eye for mac N cheese would not appreciate Draught's...... he was correct. Despite the fact the menu stated it was 5 cheese it just looked like Velvetta. I asked the server is their mac was baked and she said yes. NOT! Just stay away. There are other places.