“Dirty with lousy food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed January 21, 2012

When you walk into a place and they don't even seat you but point you to a table without giving you a menu you know it's going to be a terrible experience. First of all never sit near the kitchen the people standing around in there were filthy. YUK! Second the scallops they had the nerve to charge $22 for were small and didn't melt in your mouth like they claim on the menu. This place even ruined fries they were terrible. Will never go back!

2  Thank luvcapemaynj

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We went to Snockeys on a Groupon. Always wanted to check it out. The place was dirty, the service poor and the food quality was a disgrace. My scallops were gray! Do not waste your time and money.

2  Thank bethannez
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Service and food quality were just so-so. We had a party of six and we all agreed that the food was nothing special. Prices were moderate to higher than average. This was not worth the trip.

2  Thank magicmaker51
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A little worn at the edges, but great food done well. Go back as a couple and with friends and not once disappointed.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Everything was horrible !! I had little necks as my appetizer...the cocktail sauce was some retched mix of mayo and ketchup and the horseradish was NOT spicy at all which blew my seafood high. Then I had the fried combo...the mash potatoes was ok (at best), the string beans were crunchy, undercooked, and inedible. The fried oysters were the about 4 inches big with a teeny tiny piece of oyster in it about the size of a dime. The scollops were...eeh ! The shirmp were fried to hard, dried out and had too much breading...I didnt even touch the fish b/c it looked like a brown triangle breaded rock...and...oh my gosh...the crab cakes...were nothing more than filler and I did not taste a hint of crab meat.
I do NOT recommend this place and I would never visit it again!!!
BTW...after I talked about this restaurant with people who recommended it to me, I was informed that, "oh yeah...Snockey's food has gone way down the drain!"
Get it together Snockey's...you have an excellent location and wonderful ambiance...there's no excuse for selling corner-store, low rate, frozen, overly breaded garbage!!! Two thumbs down...BOOOO !!!

1  Thank HushMyDarlin1