“Average all around”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Service and food quality were just so-so. We had a party of six and we all agreed that the food was nothing special. Prices were moderate to higher than average. This was not worth the trip.

2  Thank magicmaker51
There are newer reviews for Snockey's Oyster & Crab House

Reviewed December 15, 2011

A little worn at the edges, but great food done well. Go back as a couple and with friends and not once disappointed.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Everything was horrible !! I had little necks as my appetizer...the cocktail sauce was some retched mix of mayo and ketchup and the horseradish was NOT spicy at all which blew my seafood high. Then I had the fried combo...the mash potatoes was ok (at best), the string beans were crunchy, undercooked, and inedible. The fried oysters were the about 4 inches big with a teeny tiny piece of oyster in it about the size of a dime. The scollops were...eeh ! The shirmp were fried to hard, dried out and had too much breading...I didnt even touch the fish b/c it looked like a brown triangle breaded rock...and...oh my gosh...the crab cakes...were nothing more than filler and I did not taste a hint of crab meat.
I do NOT recommend this place and I would never visit it again!!!
BTW...after I talked about this restaurant with people who recommended it to me, I was informed that, "oh yeah...Snockey's food has gone way down the drain!"
Get it together Snockey's...you have an excellent location and wonderful ambiance...there's no excuse for selling corner-store, low rate, frozen, overly breaded garbage!!! Two thumbs down...BOOOO !!!

1  Thank HushMyDarlin1
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Not fancy, maybe even a little run-down, but just great seafood. Family operated business, with great (and reasonably priced) food. Owner and family run the place, the atmosphere is very casual. If you are looking for upscale or romantic dining, this is not the place. If you want good seafood in a real Philly working class neighborhood, this is the place to visit.

This restaurant is only about a block away from the Mummers Museum, which is worth visiting (musuem closes at 5pm).

2  Thank CynthiafromOhio2011
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We ate lunch here after landing at the Philly airport. We were looking for a local seafood restaurant and this was perfect. We had crabcakes and seafood platters and lobster bisque. It was all good and great prices! Considering we are from Idaho, we thought the food was very reasonably priced. We met the owner...3rd generation and learned so much about the area and his family's history. This is a gem that may not be around much longer, if another family member doesn't want to continue. It is a very casual restaurant and in a building built in the early 1900s. This restaurant has a lot of character and a huge selection on the menu! I wish I would've had room to try some raw oysters, too.

2  Thank IDAH0CHICK