“Amazing blueberry Pancakes!”

Ranked #47 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Marriott recommended we try this place for breakfast - one of the best suggestions we received on this trip!

The Dutch Eating place is a small breakfast place with counters and a few tables, inside a large market, with lots of other eating options, but this was clearly the busiest. Nothing fancy here, you get seated (there was a decent size queue), and the order is put together right there in-front of you.

These were large pancakes with everything you need, some of the best I have ever had. My daughter had a toast with maple syrup, and that was great too.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've eaten here on previous visits to Philly and it always warrants a trip back. Even on a late Saturday morning, there was a little line, but the wait was minimal. The service is quick and friendly and the food is delicious. I happened to find the Dutch Eating Place by accident, but when even the locals tell you it is one of the best places you can grab a meal, I feel like I hit the foodie jackpot.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

From the time we were seated, we ordered out food, ate and left in under a half hour. Fresh squeezed OJ and traditional breakfast plates were delicious.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

They close quite early, as do most of the Amish-run shops and restaurants, because they open early. We arrived after 2:30 pm and the experience wasn't great.

The open-faced turkey sandwhich served with mash potatoes was cold. We asked our server about it after 15 minutes had passed. She told us that she had forgotten to take it out of the microwave. Uh, ok. She did apologise.

The chicken dumpling stew arrived lukewarm and was salty. We didn't bother to ask them to heat up the stew because we were hungry and afraid to never see it again.

I have been to this place for breakfast and the food was good.

My lunch experience was bad, so, I would not recomment it for lunch. Btw, I saw other people sit down, ask about items on the lunch menu and, then, get up and leave after they heard the same response: Sorry, we're out of... Maybe they should simply stop serving after 2 pm if it's a hassle for them to cook food properly. We felt like we were served the end-of-the-day leftovers.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friend and I snuck down for a sugar break during a conference and indulged in the delicacies listed above. I had the warm apple dumpling covered with real whipped cream...I didn't mean to eat it all, but I couldn't help myself - it was heavenly! Our waitress was very friendly and very efficient. I'd like to go back the next time I'm in Philadelphia.