“the total package; delicious cuisine, inviting ambiance in a lively urban neighborhood.”
Review of Ariana Restaurant

Ariana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ariana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #526 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We had dinner with friends at Ariana's and enjoyed a wonderful meal in a warm and cozy atmosphere. Despite an uncertain beginning ( there was some confusion regarding our booking and we had about a 15 minute wait), all was expeditiously resolved and we were seated comfortably and served with what appeared to be authentic Afghani cuisine. While we are quite familiar with Indian and Middle Eastern spices and flavor combinations, these entrees were uniquely flavored; not as spicy as some Indian and certainly different from Turkish and Lebanese but completely delicious and well prepared. We shared an assortment of appetizers done with phyllo dough and moved on to rice dishes with various meat combinations, all delectable. we finished the meal with Turkish (Afghani?) coffee and a petite slice of outstanding baklavah! All was affordable priced and BYOB, so we will certainly return! Highly recommended for the adventuresome diner! Reservations strongly suggested, especially on weekends as the space is small and intimate.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We happened upon this restaurant and decided to give it a try. The food is absolutely delicious! Very flavorful. The waitstaff was pleasant and attentive. The restaurant itself was very comfortable also. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We picked this Afghanistan restaurant in Olde City on Sat. night because of the large huka pipe in the window. It offered good food in a quaint atmosphere. Prices were reasonable for some traditional Afghani food. It was not overly spicy and they offered many choices. The only negative thing was they did not offer many beverage choices and no free refills except on water. They were having a band play after 9pm and would offer "huka" lounge seating at that time.

2  Thank Bestmom81
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Ariana is my favorite restaurant in the city. The staff is so accommodating and great to talk to and the food is so delicious that it is now my new favorite. We even try to make some of the dishes at family gatherings. It's like nothing I have ever tasted before...amazing!!!

1  Thank tonewyork
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I am Italian, love to cook & love to eat. I will share my favorites at Ariana. Norange Palow chunks of lamb or chicken under Saffron Basmati rice almonds pistachios orange strips soaked in rosewater.Buranee Kadu sauteed pumpkin yogurt and meat sauce. Sweet rice. Served with salad (delicous dressing) and bread like I've never tasted! Dessert Firnee pudding with pistachio almonds and rosewater. Friendly service eager to please. I love it! Even tried to cook some myself but can't compare!

2  Thank anticonnie