“Excellent meal and service”
Review of Bellini Grill

Bellini Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellini Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between Locust & Walnut
Transit: SEPTA 15th and Market St. or PATCO at 16th and Locust St.
sansan22
“Excellent meal and service”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped in after attending the opera. The pasta and the grilled vegetables were excellent. The service was a bit slow. the restaurant interior is beautiful, bright and a greta place to eat.

• Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“OWNER IS AN AWFUL LITTLE CREATURE”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I scarcely know where to begin. A friend of mine had a small get-together for his birthday, and chose Bellini only after plans at another restaurant fell through. We were a party of 10, with reservations a week in advance. My girlfriend and I arrived about 15 minutes late, and upon arrival learned that nobody could begin drinking their wine or ordering until our the entire party arrived. We ordered. Waiter was nice, but a little awkward. No problems here. We were cramped up in the corner, but that was fine. My food was absolutely atrocious. Salmon/pasta dish that tasted like ramen noodles. I even let this slide.

We were rushed the entire meal. Of course the waiter was the mouth piece, but I could tell he was getting pressure from the owner, as he was reluctant to tell us how another party was awaiting their seat. As we were rushed to pay the bill, the waiter explained that we could only use two credit cards, which had to be split evenly? When I inquired about this unique policy, he said that he did not have a POS and their system was old. This was a LIE, as I saw the ubiquitous ALOHA! System in the back corner. In addition to their weird "policy," they AUTOMATICALLY added 20% gratuity. So reluctantly, we began trying to figure our how to divvy up the cash/card payments. The waiter "compromised" with us that we could use four cards.

As we took a few minutes to get the money in order, the rather small OWNER with Napoleon's Syndrome marched over to our table and tersely ordered us to LEAVE. We weren't even finished paying yet! So I (admittedly) lost my temper and spoke out: I told him to leave the table, and he immediately stood and front of me and tried to kick me out without my credit card! I refused to leave, sent a few choice words his way, and absorbed a barrage of disparaging comments.

Let me conclude by stating that I never thought that I would write a negative review of someone's business: this is their livelihood and I normally would never try to ruin that. But this little man does not belong in the food/beverage industry. I will NEVER go back, and quite frankly quiver at the thought of our great city's tourists being exposed to this small creature. Plenty of world-class restaurants in Philly - move along folks.

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia
“Avoid - Terrible Experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Owner yelled at two separate tables in the one night we were there. Tables are crammed in like sardines - no liquor license, so you have to bring your own bottle - closest store is 6 blocks away. Food is nothing to write home about either.

• Visited December 2012
New Jersey
“Excellent little restaurant near Rittenhouse Square”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were staying in Rittenhouse Square and picked this restaurant based on memu, price and reviews - and we were not disappointed. Service was friendly and attentive (but not too much). Food was very good. Atmosphere was very warm and friendly - and decor was charming.

• Visited January 2013
Pennsylvania
“Delicious and very attentive service!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were able to get last minute reservations on a Friday night. I loved the atmosphere - it felt very Italian! There were murals painted on the walls and the ceiling. Some people might think it's too much, but I think it fun! Having been raised in an Italian family, I think I know what constitutes good Italian food and the Bellini Grill makes the cut!! The garden salad was simple and delicious. The greens could have been a little bit fresher, but the salad was good. Service was outstanding!! From the moment we walked in we were treated special! The waitstaff were very attentive and friendly. I had the Orrechiette pasta dish and it was very tasty. Chicken sausage was delicious, broccoli rabe, pasta perfect, in a very good tomato gravy. My husband had a veal dish and it looked wonderful. He enjoyed it and also had a side of the grilled vegetables. They were not "grilled" as in fake grill marks - they were grilled just prior to us eating them! Wonderful!! Bread with dinner was good Italian bread, but I wish it had been warmed before serving. Lovely meal in a lovely setting! I'd definitely go back!!

Visited December 2012