“Excellent little restaurant near Rittenhouse Square”
Review of Bellini Grill

Bellini Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellini Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 4,522 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between Locust & Walnut
Transit: SEPTA 15th and Market St. or PATCO at 16th and Locust St.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were staying in Rittenhouse Square and picked this restaurant based on memu, price and reviews - and we were not disappointed. Service was friendly and attentive (but not too much). Food was very good. Atmosphere was very warm and friendly - and decor was charming.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were able to get last minute reservations on a Friday night. I loved the atmosphere - it felt very Italian! There were murals painted on the walls and the ceiling. Some people might think it's too much, but I think it fun! Having been raised in an Italian family, I think I know what constitutes good Italian food and the Bellini Grill makes the cut!! The garden salad was simple and delicious. The greens could have been a little bit fresher, but the salad was good. Service was outstanding!! From the moment we walked in we were treated special! The waitstaff were very attentive and friendly. I had the Orrechiette pasta dish and it was very tasty. Chicken sausage was delicious, broccoli rabe, pasta perfect, in a very good tomato gravy. My husband had a veal dish and it looked wonderful. He enjoyed it and also had a side of the grilled vegetables. They were not "grilled" as in fake grill marks - they were grilled just prior to us eating them! Wonderful!! Bread with dinner was good Italian bread, but I wish it had been warmed before serving. Lovely meal in a lovely setting! I'd definitely go back!!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you are in the area and looking for romance, class and style, This is the place for you. The prices are reasonable and the food is beyond amazing! It is in the heart of center city and near most attractions. Dinner and a night at the academy of music, forrest theatre or merriam theatre. Parking is meter or valet for $11.00. The owner or his wife come around to make sure you enjoyed yourself.Certain nights they have music(piano player). It is very charming and cozy.Go hungry because the food portion size could feed two people. Hope you enjoy it!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went here for a friend's birthday and it COULD have been a very nice time and by reading other reviews, I don’t stand alone. The food was good and the wait staff was friendly.
We had a reservation for 8 at 7pm. 4 of us showed up at 10 mins to 7, and we waited until 7:20pm to be seated.. This didn’t bother me so much, since we were a larger party, the restaurant was busy, and we were waiting on a few others to show. After we were seated, we ordered appetizers, entrees, as well as desserts. Our bill came to close to $400.
Literally within SECONDS of us handing the check over the waiter, the owner came over and told us we needed to leave. It took a few minutes to let these words soak in, as I have never experienced such rudeness in my life. We had been seated for just over an hour and a half and we still had wine left in the majority of our glasses. The waiter came over and told us not to worry about. About 3 mins later, the manager walked over to the waiter who was standing right by our table and said “You have my permission to clear this table and seat 6 others”. It then got heated.
I told him he was being rude, he told me he was being nice and having a private conversation with his waiter, I told him again he was being rude and it is not a private conversation, we are sitting right here for us to hear you, and you had just told us we had to leave no more than 5 mins ago. He told me he was trying to be nice and there are people waiting to be sat. He walked away, and not that it makes it right, but we had a clear view of the waiting area for the restaurant as well as outside and there was no more than 2 people waiting (if that’s what they were even doing). Another 2 mins after that, Just as I was finishing my last sip of wine, he came over to our table, raised his voice and told us to “Get up, up up! You need to leave! We have people waiting! You have been here long enough! Get off my property now!” It was appalling and embarrassing. In front of a packed restaurant, our group was being kicked out for NO reason. We had overstayed our hour and a half welcome. We were not loud, drunk, or rowdy. We tipped an additional 20% ON TOP of the 20% gratuity they automatically tacked on (Our waiter was extremely friendly, and this was BEFORE the owner decided we needed to leave). We were not there for hours, not even 2. And this whole situation went down in less than 10 mins.
This owner is nothing but a chauvinist, greedy, jerk and I will NEVER go back to this restaurant again and I hope others choose to not eat there either. There are plenty of other BYOB Italian restaurants that deserve your service.
Please read the reviews before making a reservation. If I could give it a half of star, I would.

1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the first time I am writing a review and am only doing so because it was the worst dining experience I have ever had and that is only because of the owner of the restaurant. The owner is a miserable, angry, sexist, troll like creature who only cares about making money and not retaining customers and pleasing them like those in the service industries should.

A group of 8 of us made reservations for 7pm on a Saturday night. We get there and they don't seat us until close to 7:30. We order appetizers, main courses and desserts and everything was going well besides having to wait, even though we had reservations. The waiter gets our check and we pay him, as we are finishing up our glasses of wine and desserts. No later than 2 minutes the owner comes over to us and tells us we need to leave because there is a huge line of people outside and he needs to seat people at these tables. We were baffled....never have I been asked to leave a restaurant before we were even finished! Our waiter came over after he left and told us we were fine not to worry. So we stayed and were finishing up our wine and desserts. He then comes over again 5 minutes later and tells the waiter we have to leave loud enough for us to purposely over hear him. We then asked him why he was being so rude to his customers who spent $400 there that night and we would like to finish up our drinks and food before leaving. He then gets angry and starts yelling at us to leave…
At this point the man is being so ridiculous; we get all our stuff and just leave. He made a fool of himself in front of everyone else in the restaurant and I hope they, like us, now realize how terrible a place Bellini Grill is. The best part is that as we were leaving only 2 people were waiting to be seated…

1  Thank Brooke W