“Good and unique food”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Was looking for a quick dinner before going to the NCrowd Improv show and they recommended the Race City Café. What a great recommendation! It was very crowded but we found a table. My wife and I had the nachos and the lamb burger with a flight (tasting) of five different beers. Food was absolutely delicious! Service was great as well. A little pricey but to be expected in Philly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Loved the atmosphere in this café! I need to eat gluten free and they were able to happily accommodate this. They have fabulous gluten free sandwich rolls from a local bakery - Taffets Bakery. Enjoyed my grilled chicken sandwich for lunch!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Race Street Cafe was a welcome sight after a super-long walk through Philly. The server was really quick and friendly, while the atmosphere was calm and welcoming. Our food was tasty and the prices were predictable for the location. My wife had the mussels, which were huge and flavorful. The wings were also tasty and just spicy enough, but could have been crispier (Full disclosure: We're from Buffalo, so we know wings.) and my Buffalo chicken sandwich was good, but not exceptional. Overall, this place is great for a decent sit-down meal at a reasonable price, but not a must.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was the tastiest meal of our 10 day trip. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very homey and comfortable. There are tall tables, short tables, and seating at the bar (as well as outside for when it gets warmer). The food was wonderful and it was clear that the staff care about the food and taken the time to create a menu that reflects how important the food is. The Deconstructed Quinoa Napoleon was amazing, especially for a vegetarian. The rest of the menu looks delicious as well. Treat yourself to a well deserved and tasty dinner here!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had 3 dinners there as it is walking distance from Holiday Inn Express. I ate there twice and 1 take out. All 3 were fantastic! Great flavors and reasonable prices.