“Very noisy Italian restaurant”

Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Walnut Street Between 17th and 18th Street
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Very noisy Italian restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our server was Natasha, very pleasant and informative. Food was hit and miss. The fried calamari and Caesar salad were amazing as appetizers. Pizza was so-so, as was the chicken and fettucine dish. The veal parmiagana was good.

Such a large restaurant, and on a Saturday night, our party of five could barely hear each other let along engage in conversation just an arms-reach across the table. Definitely a drawback.

Don't think I'd necessarily go back again.

Visited August 2012

“Not for us”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my husbands choice, he wanted a pizza. I had a chicken pasta dish. There was too much garlic for me and I hardly touched it. He enjoyed the strong tasting garlic on his pizza. Unfortunately, he had d & v in the night. Was it related to the food? The service was good very quick, lighting very dim I struggled to read menu, quite noisy and bustling. Would I recommend it? No.

Freeport, New York
“delicioso”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

great pizza / salad and beer spot. Great beers on draft and the pizza is so fresh and delicious. Being from NY thats not easy to find anywhere else, and I fully enjoyed every second of it.

Visited August 2012
Devon, Pennsylvania
“good piza...”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

nice restraunt for on the go and not too expensive... piza and speggetti are good and they have a nice outdoor seating area:)
...

Visited October 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very decent Italian Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been to Pietro's many times, and went last night looking for some good standard Italian Food. I definitely got it! The food was very good, the bread was nice and crusty and warm! Bottles of wine for $20?? Unheard of in Philly, so that was awesome! The service was a bit lacking. Our water wasn't refilled once, and there was no real personal service. Not a big deal, as I did not expect too much from the server. I'll have no problem going back - when I have a craving for some good Italian!

• Visited August 2012