“Neighborhood gem”
Review of Rose Tattoo Cafe

Rose Tattoo Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rose Tattoo Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th & Callowhill Streets
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great neighborhood restaurant and bar ? If you want to feel like your home this is the place to go, if you want to feel like you are inNew Orleans the restaurant will give you that feel. Food and drinks are different and delicious. The crab au gratin appetizer is awesome. Don't for get to save room for desert,they are all great. Can get crowded but they do to play loud music so even when crowded you can still have a conversation.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I used to go here when I worked a few blocks away, and just came back to visit several years later after taking my son to the Franklin Institute. It is within a 5-minute walk from the Franklin Institute, tucked back at 19th and Callowhill. The food is excellent, and the atmosphere is great. We ate in the bar area, at a table near the window which was great. The main dining area is beautiful, with lots of greenery and flowers. We all had great meals, and the price wasn't bad -- under $100 for 2 drinks, 3 entrees, salad, and soup (as well as drinks). For Center City Philadelphia, you can't beat the price, service, food, and ambiance. Definitely visit if you're in town!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ordered the sea bass, the special the night we dined. It was cooked well, and simply seasoned. It was paired with a tomato, olive and caper mixture, along with red-skinned mashed potatoes. I thought the pairing was off. The tomato-olive-caper with the sea bass was OK, but with the mashed potatoes it just didn't mesh well. The textures, and the density of the three together just didn't work. Service was decent, although not great. Wine selections were good. Dessert was delicious. We ordered the apple cake, which was nice, but I think next time I'll try something a little sweeter. Would have made a better breakfast or coffee cake. Overall, it was a good meal, albeit a little pricey - didn't think it was the best value.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Philly for the first time, I didn't really know much but decided to try the Rose Tattoo since it had good ratings. Saturdays are busy so even with a reservation we had to wait a bit, but were soon seated. Our server Jim was great. We ordered the mussels in garlic and white wine which was superb!!. I embarrassed myself and ate the leftover sauce like soup - I could NOT let it go to waste! I had the veggie sandwich and mushroom bisque. Yummy! My husband had the sea bass, which he enjoyed. He said the tomato based sauced wad really good. My kids both split the steak, which they made to my kids liking - no sauce or glaze, just plain good ol steak with mashed potatoes and veggies on the side. We had the macadamia brownie with vanilla ice cream for dessert - another YUM! All in all, everything we had here was great. The atmosphere is casual, the interior cozy and friendly, and it is not too noisy like places can get. You can enjoy a nice conversation without feeling like you have to compete with other diners. The name says CAFE but it really is in my opinion something more than that!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Located one block from the new extraordinary Barnes Foundation lies an incredible Victorian building housing an excellent restaurant called the Rose Tattoo Cafe. The menu is eclectic featuring very fresh seafood , meat dishes and many chef specials. Upon entering the building you notice both to your left and to your right a long bar along with cute tables raised off the ground by a platform. However, for a more romantic dinner you go up a steep staircase and enter this beautiful atrium surrounded by tables and dim lighting- what a great spot for dining. There are 2 menus: a bar menu and a dinner menu ( which includes items from the bar menu as appetizers).

1  Thank Jeris505