“I love Tony's tomato pie!”

Tony’s Famous Tomato Pie
Ranked #1,815 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: All meals are made with fresh ingredients. We offer our famous Tony's Tomato Pie! You should come try it for yourself. You won't regret.
State College, Pennsylvania
“I love Tony's tomato pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My mom lives close to Tony's, and whenever we are in town I want that tomato pie. It is excellent! The sauce is delicious. The pie is always served very hot, right out of the oven. Try the the tomato pie topped with onion. Tony's is very much a neighborhood kind of restaurant. No frills, and the parking situation is not great. But I have never been disappointed when I have eaten there!

2 Thank HungryinPA2013

Philadelphia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

will never go back again, the food is terrible, we ordered 2 sandwiches and they were both burnt!!!! the crab cakes were horrible all filler, mayo mustard and no crab!!!! definitely wont go back again!

• Visited September 2013
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok folks I have had a lot of pizza in my life and on multiple continents and I am here to tell you Tony's is not it. I found Tony's on here and drove from downtown to try it. It took about 30 minutes from Independence Hall however good pie is worth the drive. I have driven from Columbus Ohio to Chicago for a good pie, it's worth it so whats 30 minutes. I like all styles pizza however this really doesn't fit under any of those realms. The crust was a cracker type crust but was way over cooked. The seasoned fries were bad steak fries with Old Bay. The sauce was really tomatoey but bland in taste. Best part of this place was the sausage on our pizza which we ended up ditching the pizza and just eating sausage chunks. The only take cash which makes me suspect their operation however they have been around for a long time. Not worth the drive or money some businesses need to pack it up or reinvent themselves.

Lewis Center, Ohio
“Don't bother...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Don't bother... The fries with Old Bay were the best thing. Pizza was lacking any flavor at all. The sausage was the best pizza topping but it wasn't enough to make up for the lack of any other flavor. The environment was pretty good though and there was no problem having our whole family.

Philly
“Great neighborhood spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tony's is the backpocket place you pull out when you have friends over and want a place that you know will always deliver the goods. The food is consistantly good. If you are a tomato pie fan it is one of the best around.

• Visited April 2013