“Three great steaks!”
Review of Marmont

Marmont
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: 2nd & Market Streets
Description: Unlike traditional steakhouses, Marmont balances a casual dining experience with exceptional quality. Choose from seven generous cuts, even customize your cut. All steaks are hand carved in house. Discover our 22oz Rib eye, and savor our Filet Oscar, a center cut filet topped with jumbo lump crab, fresh asparagus and hollandaise. Executive Chef Jorge Pacheco has crafted a menu full of unique salads, exciting daily specials, and homemade desserts. We also import the best seafood. Try our legendary crab bisque or the ‘catch of the day.’ Our reasonably priced international wine list will perfectly complement your experience. When the weather is nice, dine or relax outside with local award winning craft beer or one of 30 martinis, right in the heart of old city.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our family visited Marmont thanks to a clip we viewed on our hotel TV. It was surprisingly family friendly and the service was really good. Maybe just a bit too noisy as the night wore on. We all had different steaks and each was prepared just right. Like most steakhouses the sides are a-la-carte but not terribly overpriced. We'll probably return in the summer.

1  Thank CurlyCueGirl

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Love the steak!
Love the Crab Bisque!
All of the food was fantastic and the service was too.
If we didn't have the travelzoo voucher we probably wouldn't go here because it's out of our price range.

One complaint. You shouldn't have a server walking around with a windex bottle all night and spraying it right in front of people having a nice meal together. It kind of ruins the mood and the windex smell over powers the wonderful food you make. There are better ways to keep your tables clean.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This place is sort of casual bar-meets-steak house. I went all out: 12 oz filet mignon, side of mashed potatoes, crab bisque soup, and a glass of house red wine. Total with tip: $67.

The crab bisque soup was excellent. Not just cream with a crab flavor. Bits of real crabmeat. Really tasty.

So the main event - the steak. My filet was an impressive, hand-carved piece of beef. It was cooked a bit conservatively; I asked for medium and what I got probably bordered more toward medium rare. Nonetheless, very tender. Not quite melt-in-your-mouth as the finest steak houses might provide but pretty darn close. Really nice. However, one thing that did surprise me was something of a blandness that is unusual in top quality beef. I am not sure if their beef is dry aged but I'm inclined to think it isn't. (I noticed that they did not mention aging -- or even terms like 'prime' -- in their menu).

The mashed potatoes were rather ordinary...not sufficiently dense and rather bland.

For what it's worth, their house red that night was a good pour for a cheap $6.

Service was attentive; friendly, pleasant young ladies seem to be the servers of choice in this restaurant.

Overall, my experience was mixed. I would give 3.5 stars. I might give them one more try - I noticed a few other intriguing items like a full rack of lamb - not to mention some giant cut steaks (22 oz and even a 30 oz cowboy ribeye). But I'm also thinking that the price was a bit high for the overall experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went to Marmont on a travelzoo voucher. Paid $49 for one appetizer, two entrees and two glasses of wine. Service was great--in fact, a little too great, with the waitress checking in on us every 3 minutes (we sat down early, so for much of the meal, we were her only table). Appetizer was just okay--we shared a baked brie with fruit. We had two steaks, and they were fantastic. Thick, juicy, perfectly prepared. The homemade house sauces that accompanied them were again, just okay. I liked the creamy horseradish sauce best. Everything is a la carte, so in order to have veggies, we had to order (and pay for) additional items. The mashed potatoes were fine, and the brussel sprouts had lots of bacon in them. A fairly small list of wines by the glass, but how many choices do you need? My husband added a cappucino at the end. Our bill for the additional items, plus tax and tip, was another $45, so it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't outrageously priced either.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed an experience with a travelzoo experience getting 50% off the meal for 2 including wine. However, I would have been glad to pay full price for the authenticity & deliciousness of the food.