“Great place!!”

Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center East
“Great place!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We didn't eat, just some after dinner drinks upstairs....so I'll assume it's excellent bar food. The bar on the first floor is way small, but it opens up into multiple bars upstairs. There were a few parties in those bars, but the main bar was great. Lively atmosphere, probably a great place to watch soccer. Nice variety of beer in tap...definitely would check this place out again!!

Newport News, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was Nothing to Rave About”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Visiting from out of town and we saw good ratings for this place. Location is excellent, ambiance is fine. The food however was not great. The fish and chips were swimming in grease. The chicken fingers were flat, lacking flavor and clearly something that was not fresh but institutional and frozen. Service was average.

Visited February 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“good fish and chips”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

wanted 2 have an irish pub feel and the dark Horse was that. good fish and chips and service.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank neurorph
New Jersey
“Had a great time watching the US match!”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My boyfriend found this place on the internet. We had planned a weekend to Philly and once we realized the US was playing, well, we had to find a great bar to watch it in. This place was great. It was packed with a really fun crowd. The bar itself is split up into multiple rooms each with its own bar and TVs. We did not eat there because we had just come from a food festival, but the people sitting near us were raving about their food. The beer selection is pretty good here as well. Even though US lost, we had such a great time thanks to Dark Horse. The only problem was the AC in the building. I am not sure if it was the room we were in or just because it was so hot outside, but it was brutal. I really did not care too much because we were having such a good time. We met some really amusing people and I can't wait to go back next time I am in Philly.

New Jersey
“Great burger, great place”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Still my favorite burger in Philly, hands down. Nice atmosphere in this Irish/English pub and a great place to watch soccer games. All the food I've ever ordered here has been good to excellent- traditional pub food like bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, fries, etc. Oh , and did I mention the burgers?