“The Best Bakery”

Ranked #9 of 161 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed November 21, 2012

When you are in town a must stop. They are a Italian Bakery and the best. We usually order about 3 pounds of the best cookies you'll ever eat. Rocky road and ricotta cookies, the best. Rum cake and cannolies are the best. This bakery goes back a long way and all locals know it.....there is always a line but it goes fast. Alot of people place a order before they go. Parking is bad. I have been lucky but you may have to drive around a bit. If you want pastry this is the place to go. The cookies were $20.00 a pound and worth every bite!!!!!!

1  Thank Dbrookepa

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Born in this neighborhood but live in Florida. This bakery always blows my mind with how great the baked goods are. Fruit and Nut Biscotti, Ricotta Cookies, Apple creations there is nothing bad here. Enjoy but be prudent this is not for diabetic prone fans!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of the best canollis in the area. The establishment is ancient--it's like a piece of the sweet past. If your good, they'll give you a cookie like when you were a kid.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was in town and had a craving for cannoli, so I decided to stop by. The wonderful scent that welcomed met me at the front door drew me to the seemingly endless selection of beautiful pastry behind the counter. I found myself saying over and over as the clerk filled the box...."oh, and one of those....yes, give me two of those....oh wait, one of those too!" I walked out with my cannoli.....and two more boxes of assorted pastry! Everything was fresh, delicious, and homemade. I guarantee I will find my way back to this fantastic little bakery, and you should too!

1  Thank vantine8665
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Greatest rum cake in south Philly with tons of other baked goods that are the best in the market district. The help are as friendly and kind as can be found in Pennsylvania. Make time to visit this bakery for the best.