“Both Continentals are really good restaurants”

Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar
Ranked #86 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 6, 2012

They are both different , yet the food and service is impeccable.I love the variety of Martinis, and the dessert tray is worth the trip alone.

1  Thank Rcdallmann

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Loved the place - as did my teenaged daughters. Portion sizes are good to allow you to try a number of the small plates. Location near river nice. Cool retro-diner feel.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

There were no menu option for kids so unless your kids like hamburgers or complex dishes, its not the place for you. However, the food is delicious. The thai noodle salad and lobster mac and cheese are delicious. The fries looked amazing. I would go back but without the kids!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The lights were perfectly dimmed and it felt as if you were in your own space. The fact is that it can get pretty packed, but the evening my wife and I went and sat for dinner it was great. The atmosphere and the staff were excellent and we truly enjoyed ourselves. As a 185 lb adult who works out a lot I was fairly hunger, but unfortunately the plate didn't fill me. I will inform you that this is a place to go and eat a sensible dinner not to get full, and to have a night out without feeling like a pig. The food was good and the price good for the overal package.
As with Philly city there is rarely parking on the street, but fear not because there are parking lots and garages all around this place. My suggestion is to find a parking space, pay for the whole day and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

While in Philly for a few days doing the historic stuff, went looking for a restaurant near us in downtown. Found this place on our smartphones within a few blocks of our location. Took a look at the online menu and decided to hoof it the 3 blocks and check it out.

From the outside, it didn't look all that great and resembled a 1950's diner. Don't let the looks fool you.

While we didn't sample the martini's, the food was eclectic. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. We had walked past an Indian restaurant on the way down and I know had a craving for Inidian food. The Continental didn't disappoint. I had the Kofta Indian kabobs and they were great. For the entree, I had the Jumbo Lump Crab Pad Tha which was excellent. MY wife had the Lobster Mashed Potatoes.

Excellent beer selection.

We shared the Blond Bombshell: for dessert. Excellent.

Website