“Great food, great drinks, great service!! I loved this cozy little restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mixto

Mixto
Reserve with OpenTable
Mixto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: Mixto is a two-story natural wood and exposed brick building located on the east side of downtown Philadelphia on the historic Antique Row. We have been opened for ten consecutive years. Our vision has been to bring an array of flavors of the Cuban, Latin American and Caribbean cuisine to the Center City area. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with bar service and an extensive wine selection. Mixto offers outdoor dining with a South Beach Miami ambiance during the spring, summer & fall when the weather permits.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I didn't know what to expect, because I have never even heard of this place. I went for a friend's birthday on a Sunday night, we were a party of 9. Although it was a small, packed restaurant, we were very comfortable! The servers were very friendly, helpful, and informative. They took great care of us! We ordered drinks before our meal. Dare I say, I had the best mojito I've ever had. Everyone else was pleased with their drinks, as well!
I love all Latin American cuisine, but the flavors tend to be the same! In Mixto, there were unexpected flavors! Saffron rice, plantains, empanadas, pork, beef, or seafood, were all made with a different twist! The appetizers were amazing and my scallops were very good and very filling. I found they were inexpensive for such great food and drinks! If I had a complaint, which I don't, it would be that there were few dessert options. So you may want to go elsewhere for dessert if you don't like flan(which was also very good)!! I forgot to mention, it is a casual restaurant, so if you're looking for something fancy, then this place may not be for you! I can't wait to go again!

New York City, New York
“Hot Brunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went here with some friends for brunch on a Sunday. Super crowded which I guess is a good sign. Even with a reservation we had to wait 10 minutes to get seated.

The food was good (love that latin american flavor) and everyone enjoyed their dish. The service was mostly good but I feel like people are eating on top of each other and our server had a lot of tables to wait on.

I still recommend it, but make reservations.

Visited November 2012
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant while on a day trip and were so pleased we did. After trying to find somewhere to eat on touristy South Street this place was just what we were looking for on a quieter street on a Saturday lunchtime. Both the Gallo Pinto and Argentinian Steak and Eggs were great - I hadn't tasted eggs like that for a long time and perfectly cooked! The brunch mimosa pitcher was very nice and we saw plenty of other well presented cocktails which we would have loved to sample. A very popular restaurant with excellent service,

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great food and service, fun setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

in the heart of gayborhood, we went this sunday for brunch and the food was great and our waiter was fantastic. he made recommendations that were perfect was attentive and not overbearing. everything was perfect. we highly recommend Mixto. the empanadas was out of this world, it was so good we got a second round after we finish our meal. we would definitely come back. BTW I made an reservation thru open table and it was simple and quick and easy

• Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice neighborhood place. Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent food and a favorite among the locals. Great mojitos and Sangria from the bar. Very popular so there can be a wait.