“One of my favorite Philly restaurants is back on track!”
Review of Lolita

Lolita
Reserve with OpenTable
Lolita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Center East
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of my favorite Philly restaurants is back on track!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wrote a review earlier this year which although highly complimentary, noted a knack for over-salting entrees. It appears the problem has been addressed! A Saturday night meal there excellent, starting with pork carnitas and progressing through to short ribs and salmon Veracruz. BYOB'd a nice cabernet from the nearby state liquor store instead of the usual tequila and it went well with everything. The restaurant was full--always glad to see a local place continue to do well and though tables are close together, with the dark lighting that some complain about, I find it nicely intimate. Service was attentive and efficient. Glad that Lolita's food makes it one of my favorite Philly restaurants again.

• Visited November 2012

“BYOT in the Heart of Center City”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great, creative food. Philly is known for Byob's and Lolita takes it to the next level offering drink mixes to its patrons who bring their own tequila to this great latin restaurant. It can be hard to get a table sometimes. But, I have always had a good time.

Philadelphia
“Great for Valentine's Day or a Romantic Date”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

"Lolita" doesn't exactly seem like a great name for a romantic restaurant, but that's what this is. The low lighting and interior brick has a lovely glow to it, and if you bring your own tequila, their mixes are fantastic. My boyfriend is vegetarian and we were still able to have a very lovely meal here.

• Visited February 2012
“Disappointing and unsatisfying Taco Tues. meal”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had eaten here once, yrs ago and liked it. The other day we received an email from them advertising Taco Tuesdays for $20 per person, so we made a reservation for 4 of us. First of all, the place is SO DARK, it's like EATING IN A CAVE! YOU LITERALLY CAN NOT SEE THE FOOD ON YOUR PLATE! Secondly, two of us ordered the pork tacos and two ordered the chicken. I had a tiny piece of pork meat attached to a gross hunk of fat! I tasted a friends chicken leg and it was UNDERCOOKED. Nasty! The rest of the food was ok. We brought our own tequila and they charged us $13 for the mixer, which I thought was really tacky. Needless to say, we WON'T BE RETURNING. A very Unsatisfying and disappointing meal.

• Visited August 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm not from Philly so I don't get the BYOB thing when dining at fairly pricey restaurants. But nevertheless my husband and I stopped at a liquor store on the way and went to Lolitas armed with our own bottle of Tequila.

We ordered the watermelon margaritas (not amazing) and had the waittress add the tequila to it. We ended up adding more.

Ordered the mango quacamole for appetizer, and that was really good.

My husband order the short rib (excellent, by the way) and I ordered the shrimp enchiladas. I expected the shrimp to be cooked inside the tortillas, but instead the 4 of them were placed on top. So what was inside the tortilla? Not sure. Fairly tasty, but not exceptional.

All in all, something I'm glad I tried but not so sure I'd be back. The atmosphere was really lively and the place was jam packed within 10 minutes of our arrival. This is apparently a fairly popular place among locals but not exactly my speed.

Visited July 2012