“A night at the opera”
Review of Victor Cafe

Victor Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Broad Street Subway (Orange Line) - Tasker/Morris Station
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A night at the opera”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We recently dined at the Victor Cafe in South Philadelphia. I hadn't been there in years and felt it was time to go back. It still is as great as ever and has the unique distinction of the meal being accompanied by opera arias. The singers double as waitstaff and are obviously beginning their careers but do remarkably well. The food is Italian and done well. I was so delighted to see they had the sauteed chicken livers with pasta on the menu and were very obliging to give me an appetizer size portion so I could have a veal dish for an entree. As our waiter told us the veal comes from the Italian market and is some of the best in the city.I will not wait as long as before to return since it was such a heart-warming experience.

1 Thank pierce2101

Moorestown, New Jersey
“Great meal and experience!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food is delicious, the service is fantastic and the performances make this place such a special place. Great for celebrations and romantic dinners. Get there early and enjoy drinks upstairs - the bartenders are awesome!

Visited October 2012
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I came hear for my grandmothers birthday, and we had a blast! I agree with all the other reviews- Victor's is more than just great food, it's a dining experience.

The waiters are all music students, and every 15 minutes or so they will ring a bell, the whole restaurant goes quiet, and you are treated to an amazing solo performance.

AND the food is the best Italian I had had in a long time.

For a special occasion, Victor's is hard to beat..

• Visited March 2013
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Dinner and a Show”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to Victor Café before, the last time being a surprise party my husband threw for me for my 50th birthday a few years back. I can say that the food was even better when we visited on Saturday night, April 6 with my sister, a cousin and a friend. We chose some specials from the menu Rigatoni Bolognese was spectacular) and from the regular menu (Veal Piccate, done perfectly). The house wine was delightful. In addition, the musical interludes were plentiful and magnificent, both solo and duet performances. What a unique establishment. Although Victor Café is not cheap, it is well worth the price of admission!

“Operatic Experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was attending a conference in Philly and a group of us went to the Victor Cafe based on a recommendation from a local colleague. We started our experience by walking in during one of the arias.

They have a great selection of Italian fare, including choices for vegetarians. Everyone enjoyed the meal they ordered. Throughout our meal we were serenaded by the staff who took turns wowing us with their powerful voices. It was amazing to hear the power of the voice from our petite waitress!! The moment they rang the bell to signal they were about to sing, the entire place went silent. They each had a distinctive style and brought a unique feel to the aria they performed.

It was an enjoyable experience (food and entertainment) and I would definitely come back the next time I'm in Philly!