“Sushi at a brewery...”

Neighborhood: Manayunk
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sushi at a brewery...”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

So, they have sushi at a brewery. Weird choice? Yes, but I promise you that it's actually quite good. Not the best in Philly, but good, nonetheless. The brewery has about 3-4 of their own brews (usually in cans) and also carries a small selection of some others. Food is consistently pretty good, and you can dine outside overlooking the river- even when it's colder outside. (They put down the window coverings and have heat lamps... This doesn't help against the extreme cold very much, but...) Overall, a good choice in Manayunk for some craft beer and some good bar food.

• Visited June 2014

Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
“Great Ribs!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is our favorite stop when in the North Philly area! They have excellent microbrews with a full service bar - you can get anything you want. The place is big, stylish and comfortable. We stopped on Sunday shortly after noon when they had their Jazz Bunch Buffet $21.95 it looked good, they had a carving station, not sure if it includes their sushi bar. We don't care for buffet style, they usually do not start serving dinner till 12:30 - 1:00 pm we were able to order from the menu. We had their Mahogany Wings, tasted like maple syrup and a soy sauce, tasty but we only got 8 small wings for $9:00 so not a good value. I had the ribs - as always, they were great, juicy, moist with great bbq flavor ($17 for half rack), but I did not like that they put them on top of my fries. My Beau had a brisket sandwich with mushroom and onion - he liked it but won't miss out on the ribs next time. Overall a favorite stop in trendy fun city. Warning it's tuff to find a parking place - but worth the effort.

• Visited March 2014
philadelphia
“Great Brewery...Consistent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Brewery is my go to SPOT when I want consistent food and drinks!! I have been for Brunch, Lunch & Dinner. I go here to take folks who want an intro to drinking new beers - they offer a sampler and it help some develop a palate for different types of beer. I am a Hoppy beer person, so I liked the Dreamin'...which has been discontinued - think it has a new name now. The bartenders are also skilled at making cocktails. Now the food is also equally enjoyable. The mahogany wings are always perfection. The brunch dishes are also tasty - but be aware - Brunch get crowded - so plan ahead.

So, the 4 stars are really for the Beer selection - but the food and service are about 3 stars. Solid place - So have no worries.

Visited January 2014
pa
“Great Find”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited because of trip advisor reviews. Nice part of town. Funky exposed brick and stone atmosphere in basement of building. Great mood music and prints on wall. The hickory smoked brisket sandwich was fantastic. That smokiness was perfect, the meat was plentiful and tender.. Also ordered a Kennett Square pizza which came out o the visible wood fired oven. The flavors were very good and fresh. Husband got the Nocturne beer. We all tried it and liked it. He felt that the whole glass got a little strong in taste at the end. We would love to return in the summer and sit on the deck. Service was very attentive.

• Visited February 2014
Connecticut
“Good Food, Nice (big!) Place, a Fun Back Deck, Variety of Beers!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I really like this place. I've eaten here upwards of 10 times over the years when visiting my parents (including last week). So I'm usually here with senior citizens, teenagers, maybe someone else (or 2) in the middle of those....what I'm saying is, this place is one of few that works for everyone. Nice atmosphere (big, so you aren't cramped....although the bar and back deck can be crowded on Friday or Saturday nights), good menu of tasty food (better than the usual "fun food" chain places), interesting local beers, and good service.

This time, five of us (all 50-plus) enjoyed a quiet dinner (it was a Monday): we got both dips as appetizers (crab with bread, spinach/artichoke with nacho chips). The entrees: chicken marsala, braised short ribs, salmon, shrimp & crab linguine, and a burger. Everything was very good. The apple cake and the chocolate raspberry torte quickly disappeared.

I can tell you the Session beer (comes in a can) was an OK light lager, but the Burton copper-colored ale was quite delicious.

So check this place out....whether you are in your 20s and want to see and be seen after work, or if you have a multi-generational group looking for one place that everyone will like.

• Visited February 2014