“love ralphs”

Ralph's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ralph's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Catherine
Description: Oldest Italian restaurant in the U.S. established in 1900. Still run by the fourth and fifth generations of the original family.
Toms River, New Jersey
“love ralphs”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We drive out to Phila fm the shore area just to eat at Ralphs!
Love the atmosphere! Lots of families talking loud and having a great time! I always order the veal with artichoke hearts! It is fantastic!! I savor every bite!!!

Visited November 2013

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“The Best Italian Restaurant in Philadelphia”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had another great dinner at iconic Ralph's in South Philly - we've been celebrating special family and friend dinners at Ralph's for over 20 years and as always, the food is hands down - the best Italian cuisine in Philly and surrounding area. Great service and wait staff and unbelievably fresh and tasty Italian food. I can't say enough about Ralph's; it is an institution in Philly and a must for anyone who lives here or is visiting.

• Visited December 2013
Southern NJ
“A True Taste of Italia”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The placemats say it is the oldest Italian restaurant in America. Operated by the 5th generation family members, it IS the place to go for authentic food. It is certainly not a big place so make reservations before you go. The food is fantastic and they sure don't skimp on portion size. I had a ceasar salad as an appetizer while my wife had the calmari. Both could have been a meal in itself. I had the veal parmasean which had to be the best that I have ever had. It was about the size of a whole cow under an ample amount of cheese and "gravy". My wife had chicken marsala and that was a huge portion as well. Needless to say, we both took the leftovers home. The prices are extremely reasonable for what you get.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Won't be back”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was my daughter's Birthday and we were looking for a fun, local, neighborhood gem. The decor was authentic, the food was fair but the wait staff just totally blew it. It was as though they had no training at all in Customer Service. We were rushed from the moment we sat down and the restaurant wasn't even crowded. Our busser asked me no less than 4 times (as well as others in our party) if we were finished with our plate, when clearly I had fork in hand and food on the plate. He eventually just removed my full bowl of spaghetti at a point that I just gave up. It was bizarre and annoying. Nonetheless we enjoyed our time together but I won't return or recommend. It was clearly a birthday celebration and when desert arrived, not even a 2 cent candle could be spared. I'll take my $250+ elsewhere and be treated like a Customer.

2 Thank Jon F
Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
“Seriousley....are we really in South Philly?”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I brought my family here for a true, South Philly Italian dining experience. Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed. Although there was nothing terrible about the food, it just wasn't special. The bread was cold & mediocre and served without the garlic infused olive oil that should be mandatory. The pasta didn't seem fresh and light. The sauce (gravy), although better than canned, was not the real deal. The best part of the meal was the Ceaser Salad and it was served without even a hint of anchovy. If I had this meal in a strip mall outside of Des Moines, I would have been pleasantly surprised. However after spending over $150 for a family of 4 (With only two adults) I had to ask...."Seriousley....are we really in South Philly?"

2 Thank JHACBW