“Authentic!”

Ralph's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ralph's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Catherine
Description: Oldest Italian restaurant in the U.S. established in 1900. Still run by the fourth and fifth generations of the original family.
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great food, friendly staff, good place for friends to gather, eat & hang out. The Italian food is off the hook & the bread is crazy good, straight from Sarcones bakery, I come from an Italian family & the atmosphere is like being at home. Skip the other Philly Italian restaurants, Ralph's have been business for over 100 years, that speaks for itself.

• Visited October 2012

Northeast PA
“A Neighborhood Gem In The City of Brotherly Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'm Italian and not too shy to say I am a very good cook. We've traveled to Italy and have eaten in some very good restaurants. Philadelphia is not our home so my husband I have our favorite Italian restaurant close to where we live. Ralph's cuisine ranks right up there with the best! It is evident someone puts a lot of thought and effort into preparing each dish. Everything was perfectly seasoned using creativity and fresh ingredients. Portions are large and, in the case of the salad, big enough to share. The service was welcoming, friendly and accommodating. It is a neighborhood gem that could easily become a habit if I lived in the area. Ralph's will be my first choice the next time I am in the City of Brotherly Love.

• Visited January 2013
“Authentic Italian food at it's best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The atmosphere was outstanding as was the food. This is our first time at this restaurant and we will most likely return again. The only complaint that I have is the service at this restaurant. Had to ask for water twice and my wife had to do the same. If they got the service right, I would have given a perfect score for this restaurant. Maybe I'll just get take out next time!

Philly PA
“Very Good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am a New Yorker and this was as close to Little Italy as I could get. I order off the original menu after asking the host for recommendations - we did not order the specials. I went for the Eggplant Parm and it was amazing. Our waiter did seem a little pre-occupied. The service was good - our only complaint was that we asked for more coffee and they forgot. Other then that it was a good experience and I would go back again. Didnt mind that it was cash only...not sure about the tax issue that was mentioned earlier we brought our own wine with us.

• Visited December 2012
“A South Philadelphia Landmark--always delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've been to Ralph's many times (I grew up in the Philadelphia area), and I've been back with my family and on a date because the food is that good. The portions are pretty generous, and always delicious. One of (if not the) best Italian restaurant I've ever been to. All of the food tastes fresh and homemade. Everything I've tried on their menu has been great, although I find myself going back to red sauce pasta dishes or veal/chicken/eggplant parmesan because they're fantastic. If you're still hungry for desert, get a cannoli!

I'd suggest making a reservation just to be safe. It can get rather crowded, but isn't always.
Also, make sure to bring cash as that's what they take. There's an ATM on-site, though. If you're in the area and want a nice, quaint Italian restaurant with amazing food, check out Ralph's.