“Late lunch”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: 12th
Description: Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great spot for a late lunch / early dinner. No crowds. Food excellent as usual. Pasta dishes are the best but salads fresh and perfect with dressing on the side. Would still always make reservations for dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

After a long day of travel, we walked to the restaurant from our hotel...we should have kept walking.
First the food. I ordered a caesar sald to start. The sald was drowning in dressing and lacked any crispness or freshness. I then had chicken parmesian which was substantailly overcooked and the sauce lacking any real freshness or flavor. My wife and my daughter's dishes were equally poor.
Second the service. Bad, bad, bad. I had eaten my salad before the main course arrived. No one cleared the salad dish, despite the fact that I had moved it to the other side of the table. It was only cleared when I pointed out to the waitress that it should long ago been cleared. She clearly didn't appreciate the criticism and it showed as the service went from bad to worse. Our waitress NEVER re-filled our water glasses and we only got some more water when we flagged down a well-intentioned food runner who rescued us. I was never offered a second glass of wine and my wife's ice tea sat empty for most of the meal.
I understand that service can suffer when a restaurant gets very busy. That was not the case. The fact is that no one cares. As we left after our meal, we walked directly past the hostess and 2 managers and neither bothered to look our way, thank us or ask how our meal was.
I won't be back and you should avoid it too.

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of eating at this resturant for the first time. We held a retirement dinner there for a collegue and had a private room in the back. The food was served family style and just kept coming. The staff were pleasant and always present with whatever we needed. The food was awesome. We were able to sample two salads, calamari, sausage and peppers (one of the best I've ever had), chicken paramasan, baked ziti with sausage, fettacini alfredo, parmasan crusted talapia, and two types of dessert. Oh my!! Will definatly be going back with my family to sample some more of there wonderful food.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had to wait an hour for a table, but it was worth the wait. I was disappointed they were out of two of the things I wanted most (calamari and lasagna), but the shrimp and pasta dish I did have was out of this world. There are A LOT of Italian restaurants in Philly, but this is most certainly one of the best.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My daughter and I went to this restaurant after a full day at the Philadelphia Flower Show. I had made reservations and we were seated immediately despite there being a large number of people who were waiting as walk ins. The waiter was attentive throughout the dinner, gave us recommendations, and was very knowledgable about the menu which was helpful because there were so many choices. The floor manager stopped by our table to see how our meal and service was as well. Normally I am not a big fan of chain establishments but this was a great experience. The food was well prepared, the portions were huge and the value was incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant. Convenient to the convention center, Reading Terminal, and downtown hotels.